Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Assigning Helix USB audio channels 3, 4, 5, & 6.

rappel353

Does anyone have any information concerning  using and/or assigning USB audio I/O channels 3, 4, 5, and 6 in the Helix?

I am trying to configure a wet/dry/wet DAW recording path using USB 1/2 as the stereo wet output and one of the above USB audio channels as the "dry" output. I want the dry output to contain everything from the guitar through the amp, therefor; I do not want to use USB audio channel 7 or 8, as they contain only the raw guitar audio. Sending wet/dry/wet out through the connectors is no problem. I would just plug into my mixer, but unfortunately, it has only 2-in/2-out USB audio.

I see all of the Helix USB audio channels in my DAW, but cannot figure out how to, for example, assign a Helix effects loop out to a USB audio channel. Are there any other alternatives?

I have attached an MS Word file of everything I have been able to find on the USB audio and MIDI I/O concerning the Helix, if it should help anyone. Please let me know if there is anything I should add or correct. Thanks, everyone!

HELIX USB and MIDI Matrix.docx

4 minutes ago, rappel353 said:

Effects In /Out 1, 2, 3, and 4 are always assigned to USB audio 3, 4, 5, and 6, respectively!

Sorry for the false alarm, but I could not find any documentation on this. 

Uh, no they aren't...

How did you arrive at that conclusion?

What physical ins and outs the USB ins and outs are associated with depends entirely on how you have the Input and Output blocks on the Helix set up in the particular preset you're in.

I think I messed up.

I sent what I thought was USB Channel 5 to my DAW and audio to the Effects OUT 3 and got audio into my DAW, but I must have had it assigned to either 1 or 2 because I couldn't recreate it for you.

But the Helix Volume knob does not affect the audio out of the USB going out the MULTI which is assigned to USB 1 & 2! That is what confused me.