Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

No Device Connected issue

littlefieldg2018

I got my first Line 6 Effects processor in and sat down to connect to my laptop. I have a Microsoft Surface Book running windows 10, downloaded the latest 2.6 HX edit software, installed it, and keep getting a no device connected prompt. I have tried two different USB cables, a brand new one I bought specifically for the board, and one known good one I have already. I uninstalled the program, downloaded it again with the same results. I have tried every configuration of connecting; board turned off, connecting, then turning on, turned on an connecting, closing the program then opening while connected off, opening with board turned on, etc. 

Any ideas? I have tried the search function and all I can tell is that it must be a driver issue. When Installing, I am leaving all boxes checked, so I would assume the drivers would install automatically. Any help would be appreciated.

51 minutes ago, jbuhajla said:

I believe there is a driver file that needs to be installed as well. Looks like the latest is v1.87.  

Yep, definitely need the driver. Hopefully it got installed when the OP installed HX Edit 2.6. As the OP mentioned that is the default behavior for an HX Edit install as long as you don't uncheck the box. As pointed out by cruisonon2 experimenting with switching to other USB ports is a good place to start. Btw, make sure that both HX Edit and the Line6 Updater are never active simultaneously; you want to use only one at a time. I also seem to remember some users have trouble with particular, maybe earlier, hardware versions of the Surface Books in the past. There may be certain versions of the hardware that work better than others. Maybe some Surface owners can chime in.

Yep, definitely some other users having issues with Surface Books. Looks like one thing to do is to make sure you have all the latest and greatest with Windows Update although there may be some potential issues there as well.

A couple of other topics on the issue:

45 minutes ago, littlefieldg2018 said:

Thanks guys, I will try updating my computer software and see if that corrects the issue. As a side, I have tried both ports and am not using a hub. I appreciate the feedback!

Btw, if you have a hub around try that too. It is more likely to hurt than help but any alternate USB option is worth trying along with Windows updates, disconnecting all other USB externals, and minimizing what programs you are running on the Surface. A fresh boot never hurts either. Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...