Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Native Multiple Versions

scallybert

Reading of some problems people have had following firmware updates on physical Helixs; I was wondering whether it was possible to have multiple versions of the Helix Native plug-in installed, and available in the DAW.

Not that I'd necessarily want to *use* multiple versions; but it might be far easier to compare the behaviour of different versions, if problems were encountered with certain presets, etc.

It might also be an easy way of checking that presets sounded the same across an update.

Any thoughts ?

55 minutes ago, scallybert said:

Sure, that's what you'd normally want, and expect.

However, is there any way to install multiple versions - as you can with many other software products ?

Hi scallybert,

I don't really clearly understand what you mean by "multiple versions"

If you mean that when using Helix Native in your DAW can you use it  on several different tracks, all with different amps and effects, within one song - then yes!

This is usually referred to as multiple "instances" of the plug-in, rather than versions.

Realistically you will only be limited by the amount of memory available on your computer, as that is what Native is working in top of.

I guess this may be what you mean. If it is, then the answer is yes! Pile them on until your computer collapses under the strain - go for it! 

Oops! Just re-read your post and spotted that you actually mean - is it possible to have version 2.60 and v2.53 installed simultaneously. Well I have not tried that, and I don't see why not , although you could get screw ups between them. You could even have one version on one desktop computer and another on a laptop for the sake of comparison between patches.

No..! ;)

I'm fine with piling on loads of plugins, and it surprised me how well Reaper & a reasonable laptop handle it.

What I'm interested in, is having eg v1.50 & v1.60 simultaneously installed and available. The reason being so that their behaviour can be easily compared and checked. Eg does the upgrade break presets.