Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Edit connectivity issues on new Helix Rack with a Mac

meshica7

Hello all,

I recently received my new Helix Rack and Control and have been having issues with it losing connectivity with my Mac.

So...my Helix Rack connected long enough to my Mac so I could update the firmware. But, it doesn't stay connected for long when in HX Edit. I have tried it on all three of my Macs..one running Lion, one running Mavericks and the other running Sierra. What are the known issues with the Mac, if any?

I've swapped out USB cables and still have the same issue.

• meshica7 changed the title to HX Edit connectivity issues on new Helix Rack with a Mac
On 8/6/2018 at 6:15 AM, meshica7 said:

Hello all,

I recently received my new Helix Rack and Control and have been having issues with it losing connectivity with my Mac.

So...my Helix Rack connected long enough to my Mac so I could update the firmware. But, it doesn't stay connected for long when in HX Edit. I have tried it on all three of my Macs..one running Lion, one running Mavericks and the other running Sierra. What are the known issues with the Mac, if any?

I've swapped out USB cables and still have the same issue.

Hi meshica7,

It appears that you have tried most of the common things to solve this problem. As you have actually repeated this issue using 3 different Macs running variations of the OS X, I would suspect that there is a fault in the hardware. As your rack model is brand new, it will be covered by warranty, so I suggest that you return it for a new unit. That will get you up and running pretty quick, then you can enjoy your Helix. Don't struggle searching for a fix, get a replacement that works.

Hope this helps

Absolutely my feelings exactly. I purchased the extended warranty option with Sam ash as well...so I can return it for a brand new unit. I have three shows this weekend and after that I will exchange it. I appreciate everyone's advice!