Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Suggestions for mini expression pedal.

jesuscares

• 1 month later...
On 9/13/2018 at 12:23 PM, brue58ski said:

Thanks.I wonder if it’s suitable for Helix. For some reason folks prefer the  mission pedal.What cannot this pedal do compared to that? This being a L6 pedal.

I have the DOD mini expression pedal

https://digitech.com/en/products/dod-mini-expression

works perfect, you need to set it to TS mode.

Expression pedals for the helix need to be the TS type ( Tip / Sleeve ) rather than the far more common TRS type ( Tip / Ring / Sleeve ) .

I didn't realise this at first and found TRS pedals could work fine one moment, then start doing odd stuff then next, so whatever pedal you get make sure it is a TS type with a resistance of around 10 to 20K.

That's why people go for the mission pedal, its set up correctly for the slightly odd way line 6 kit works.

If you cant find a TS pedal you like, you can try running a TRS pedal but using a standard mono lead to connect it rather than the more usual stereo lead expression pedals use.

That will convert it to TS, but its a bit of a gamble if the resistance will be to high to use reliably.