Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Leslie FX

rwinking

IS there any way to control the speed of the Leslie effect on the Helix? It is basically off(slow)/on(fast.) It would be cool if there were a way to have it gradually move from slow to fast like a real leslie or even better to have the EXP Pedal be able to do a variable speed on it. However, I have not been able to figure it out. I had a Digitech GSP 1101 that does this but I am not sure if either the Helix can't or if I have not been able to find out how.

thanks

The "Ramp" parameter controls how quickly the transition from the slow to fast setting takes place. All of the HX Leslie models have it, and they each have three possible settings - slow, medium, and fast. You can use an expression pedals to control the Speed parameter to go from Slow to Fast (I usually use a footswitch).

I see what I was doing.....I was looking in the legacy models and there is no ramp. I went to the stereo models and there it was. Have you tried using a pedal to vary the speed? Is that possible? that would be kind of cool. I have not had a chance to try it yet but it looked possible to set the slow speed and the high speed at the same speed and then maybe use the pedal on the high speed to vary it.

@phil_m

On 9/25/2018 at 12:05 AM, rwinking said:

I see what I was doing.....I was looking in the legacy models and there is no ramp. I went to the stereo models and there it was. Have you tried using a pedal to vary the speed? Is that possible? that would be kind of cool. I have not had a chance to try it yet but it looked possible to set the slow speed and the high speed at the same speed and then maybe use the pedal on the high speed to vary it.

@phil_m

Jason Sadites has a video using a Leslie sim...specifically how you're requesting...I don't recall exactly which one it is...but I do believe that it is one that is specific to using 2 outboard pedals or something of that persuasion.

• 1 year later...
26 minutes ago, bosstone64 said:

Can the HX Effects Tap Switch be used to ramp the leslie fx up and down? oR IS IT STRICTLY AN OUTBOARD exp OR similar?

You can't do it with the tap switch, but you can set up any other footswitch on the HX Effects to do it.