Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Fs: Variax 700 Acoustic

Nice, I live outside of WS as well, and I have a variax 700 acoustic too! 

I'm keeping mine for the time being though.

While not technically a post about the JTV, this post exists because I bought a JTV  :)

I'm selling my acoustic 700 if anyone is in the market for one.  I'm located in NC. 

Here's a link to the ad:  http://winstonsalem.craigslist.org/msg/3794680159.html

Thanks

Nice, I live outside of WS as well, and I have a variax 700 acoustic too! 

I'm keeping mine for the time being though.

That's cool!  I just saw your avatar on another post and saw the Clemmons for the location.  I lived in Lewisville for long time and we just moved to Midway, right outside of Winston. 

I've been a long time Line 6 addict dating back to the AxSys 212.  I've lost count of the number of Line 6 products I've owned over the years, but I don't think there's any product family I've skipped.  Except the Spider series  ;)

Do you play out anywhere in the area?

Pretty much just the home studio these days... moved around a fair bit and can never seem to get the right people together to do anything more.

Just moved to this area from outside of Columbia, SC but don't think i'll be moving again soon.

the spiders aren't so bad! haha i used one as a travel amp for a while.

I came after the Axsys, probably around the XT time is when i started liking line6... could never afford a Vetta though... or the newer live gear either....

needless to say I've tried just about all the other L6 gear though.

I'm about the same these days, mostly play in the studio at home.  I do sit in at church every once in a while and play.  

I picked up a used Vetta I years back for cheap once the II's came out.  It was great because the firmware was a free upgrade.  That's probably the coolest piece of Line 6 gear I've played.  Feature wise it was way ahead of it's time.  I wish they would have kept going with it, but I realize it just didn't sell well.  It was too expensive brand new.  

I kind of hated to sell it, but it was so dang heavy compared to the XT Live and going straight into the house  :)

I'm really happy with 2/3 of the dream rig.  I'd love to hear a DT amp, but given the fact that almost everywhere I play I'm just running direct I can't justify the money.  I think I've outlived my touring rock band fantasy  :)

Pretty much just the home studio these days... moved around a fair bit and can never seem to get the right people together to do anything more.

Just moved to this area from outside of Columbia, SC but don't think i'll be moving again soon.

the spiders aren't so bad! haha i used one as a travel amp for a while.

I came after the Axsys, probably around the XT time is when i started liking line6... could never afford a Vetta though... or the newer live gear either....

needless to say I've tried just about all the other L6 gear though.

the DT amps are amazing... but you really have to be playing somewhere that can handle the volume... at least in my case... DT50 112, got it before the DT25's were out.

I thought about picking up a used vetta as they are getting cheaper and cheaper... but i hang around the forums enough to know that parts are getting scarcer and scarcer...

let me know if you want to check out the DT50 some day... not for sale though! :D

That would be sweet!  I'd love to check out the DT some time.  

I think the Vetta I had is for sale over at Musician's Supply in High Point for $500 with the floorborad.  The guy I sold it to has it up there on consignment.  It was in perfect working order when I sold it to him and he barely used it.  I briefly considered buying it back, but just don't have a need for it. 

It's running firmware 2.5 and I purchased some aftermarket cab sims from Armin:  http://www.soundside.de/shop/VettaToolkit2.5.htm.  

For what it is it's a killer amp.  Probably not going to be on par with the HD + DT stuff, but still a great piece of kit. 

the DT amps are amazing... but you really have to be playing somewhere that can handle the volume... at least in my case... DT50 112, got it before the DT25's were out.

I thought about picking up a used vetta as they are getting cheaper and cheaper... but i hang around the forums enough to know that parts are getting scarcer and scarcer...

let me know if you want to check out the DT50 some day... not for sale though! :D