Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

how to Copy/paste snapshot on the unit?

Guitarsarang

It's not really clear what you're asking here.  If you have an existing preset that you want to add the Friedman Dirty amp to, you simply press the joystick control and add it to the preset.  From there you simply designate the state of that amp in each of the snapshots within that preset.  If you want to copy and paste the amp from one preset to a different one you highlight the amp via the joystick control then press the Action button, then at the bottom of the screen you'll see the copy and paste commands just above the control at the bottom of the screen.  Press copy then move to the preset and location you want and press paste then configure the state of the amp in the various snapshots of the new preset.  Other than that I'm not sure what you're asking here.

You don't really copy and past snapshots as a snapshot is only defined within a preset.  You can copy a preset (with it's defined snapshots) by simply pressing the Save button then select the new preset location using the buttons below the screen and save it there.

4 hours ago, DunedinDragon said:

You don't really copy and past snapshots as a snapshot is only defined within a preset.

I've done it plenty of times... but only in HX Edit, never tried to do it on the unit itself. Sometimes while fiddling around with a patch I might create a new snapshot, but then decide that I want to them layed out in a different order on the footswitches, left to right... usually in the order they'd be used within a song.

Anyway, it's stupid easy to do in Edit... just go into the snapshots drop down menu, right click on a snapshot and select "copy", then paste it into whatever slot you want. I'd have to poke around and figure out if it's possible to do it on the hardware. 

22 hours ago, Guitarsarang said:

I found the Friedman clean combination and I just love the setting.

I want to have the Firedman Dirty snapshot of it's own.

without going through computer, how can I copy and paste it? and create a new snapshot?

thanks.~

On the unit itself, you can copy one snapshot from one footswitch to the other by touching the first footswitch and then while keeping your finger on the footswitch, touch the footswitch you want to copy it to.

It's not clear to me, though, if this is what your wanting to do. It sounds like perhaps you're wanting to make a new preset based on the Friedman Dirty while using the Friedman Clean as a template. In that case, you'd do what @DunedinDragon mentions above - create a copy of the original preset and change out the amp model.

• Upvote 1