Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

amp+cab block: is there any way to bypass just the cab?

bsd512

Since getting a Stomp, I've been minimizing block count on some of my presets. To that end, I have several now that use the amp+cab block vs a separate amp and cab block each.

Hindsight is 20/20 - but is there any way to turn off just the cab portion of the amp+cab block? The reason I want to do this is to run the raw amp direct into a power amp and on into a real cabinet, bypassing Helix cabinet modeling in that situation. For example, for use with a Line 6 PowerCab and taking advantage of its speaker emulation.

Or to do that, am I stuck burning a separate block for the cabinet so I can bypass it independently of the amp?

Thanks guys. I do know that ... sometimes I'll want to use the power cab in flat mode where a cab will be needed, and other times in cab emulation mode where a cab is not needed. And I was trying to do it without having to have a separate cabinet block that I could bypass for one case, and enable for the other, but otherwise use the same preset.

Thanks for confirming, though. I was hoping maybe there was an option with the amp+cab block that I had missed.

Of course, this is no big deal on the Helix where we have plenty of blocks, but on the Stomp it's a bigger issue when you only have 6. It won't be a problem most of the time, but I do have some presets that use all 6 blocks even with an amp+cab block.

Thanks!