Sign in to follow this  
SiWatts69

Daw Suggestions...

If it's not too stupid a question, or innapropriate for a Line6 forum, does anyone have any suggestions for a starter level DAW. Something I can easily import the channel WAV's into and get a reasonable mixing environment without busting the bank?

Personally, I'm a windows user, not mac. Our guitarist has produced some pretty good results using GarageBand on his mac, so I'm looking for something similar for windows.

Some of the eny level pro tools bundles are very good. I'm not sure what they are currently offering but I got an audio interface and pro tools mp for about £150. The mp versions have everything you'll need and more unless you want upwards of 30 or so tracks.

I get a feeling that any DAW that supports VSTs will do a good job.

I use Cakewalk since before the Sonar series. Started using with "Cakewalk Pro-Audio 9" just because it was available at the time. 

Never changed DAW. Just kept upgrading. I'm using Sonar x2 now. 

I really think their all the same and I don't really want to spend the time learning a new interface. 

So, just get the more available/sheap and go from there. 

By the way:

I don't believe DAWs affect the actual sound at all. That's all on the mics/interface/plugins.

DAWs are just about work flow. 

Thanks. I've downloaded the mixcraft trial and will give it a try

I use Pro Tools 10 and I like it................

a free DAW you can use is "audacityaudacity-windows-small.jpg

it works pretty good and is open source software, so they are making it better all the time.