Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HD500x as audio interface and midi input(controller) at the same time?

kisshell9

So I am using my hd500x with helix native. I use Pod with an empty patch and then tweak the patches in helix native in Reaper.  I am really satisfied with the sound and have made a few patches. Now, I am trying to use pod as a midi controller to change patches or change snapshot in the native. I am also trying to use the expression pedal if its possible. Or may be use the pod switches in native like i use the switches in the pod. So I am trying to find out if this is possible. I did some research but most people use this function when they have another audio interface. In my case, I am using the pod as the audio interface and now I want to use it as a midi controller at the same time. Please give me advice if anyone has done this.

Thanks

• 3 years later...
15 hours ago, m6255 said:

Anybody answer this? 

The POD unlike some other MIDI equipped audio interfaces does not pass any MIDI messages over the USB connection and therefore cannot be used to control plugins directly.

To be able to control plugins from the POD at least a simple MIDI-USB interface (or an audio interface equipped with MIDI) must be connected between the POD and the computer.

Once you have the MIDI interface it's just a matter of programming the necessary settings in the DAW and in the POD patch dedicated to MIDI control.

On youtube you can easily find some tutorials that explain how to use the POD as a MIDI controller for plugins, but in any case you need a device that acts as a MIDI-USB interface.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

• 1 year later...
On 11/20/2018 at 11:37 AM, kisshell9 said:

So I am using my hd500x with helix native. I use Pod with an empty patch and then tweak the patches in helix native in Reaper.

Thanks

Hi Kiss, can you please explain how you are doing this exactely?

If I use an empty patch on the POD (no amp, no fx), there is still a noticable amount of dry signal, floating to the Helix-Native Plugin in Reaper. You can hear the dry signal in the background of nearly every patch if you listen closely, but much better, if you choose a strong distorted patch in Helix-Native (a Treadplate f.e.) and reduce the level-meter on the right side of the GUI.

Maybe I am doing something wrong in Reaper?
I aim a track for recording and switch on the monitor-symbol.

The only way that prevents the unwanted and unprocessed dry signal is to activate the tuner on the POD, but hanging on there, it is not possible to send MIDI.

Please, please help me to sort this out.