Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Solo

dimatohi

On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 2:09 PM, dimatohi said:

This is a very good amp, but I would like to know if option SOLO will come with the new software versions.

Do you mean as one of the presets?

None of us here would know since we're just users of the device, but why not just create your own or download one from the cloud?

On 1/9/2019 at 3:09 PM, dimatohi said:

This is a very good amp, but I would like to know if option SOLO will come with the new software versions.

I'm not sure if your question is in reference to presets or amps models. There are good deal of solo/lead presets in Spider, look for the word "lead" or "solo" in a preset. There is also the "1993 Solo 100 Head" under the High Gain amp category. 

NO, I mean that for example on a Boss GT8 pedalboard there is the option to press the SOLO button on a preset and this in turn has a higher volume to make a solo and then turn it off to return to its normal volume, the spider V I understand that I have to make two presets equal but one higher than the other to make a SOLO.

57 minutes ago, dimatohi said:

NO, I mean that for example on a Boss GT8 pedalboard there is the option to press the SOLO button on a preset and this in turn has a higher volume to make a solo and then turn it off to return to its normal volume, the spider V I understand that I have to make two presets equal but one higher than the other to make a SOLO.

No, you can do that with the Spider V. There are MANY ways that you could accomplish this.  One of the most obvious would be to add a boost pedal to the chain and activate it when you are doing your solo.

1 hour ago, dimatohi said:

As Kilrahi pointed out there are a few ways to engage a lead tone. Are you using an FBV3 or any floorboard controller with Spider V? Engaging an overdrive/distortion/boost effect is a good start. Switching between presets is another option. Some banks have presets labeled Clean, Rhythm, Lead, etc.

Of course there was always the old flip the switch on the Les Paul trick...   Speaking of which it would be nice to have the amp automatically change presets when the switch on the guitar is flipped.  I can think of a few ways to accomplish this, but a plug and play solution would be nice. 

• 9 months later...

If you have the foot controller, you can use it to turn up the volume during lead by using it as a volume pedal.  Just set your rhythm volume at half depress and full volume at full depress.  Of course, you won't be able to engage the Wah if you use it as a volume pedal.