I'm a bit concerned about possibly overloading/driving the inputs on my L2t.  The manual says the LEDs (variously located) turn green when a signal is present or flash red when clipping or limiting is occurring.  Unless I have the output on my instruments or POD HD300 set very low indeed, my LEDs show amber.  Amber is not mentioned anywhere in the manual so I have no idea if this is good, bad or indifferent.

It's the same if I use the RCA style line in with an external sound source (mp3 player for example) - the LED is amber.

I'm guessing amber is okay because the L2t would be a very quiet unit indeed if all the inputs stayed green.  Presumably red means turn down the input!

Any advice?

Cheers

David

Do you have your input sensitivity on your speaker set to unity or 12 o'clock at the notch? The speakers have a built-in limiter and the red means that they're limiting so it will not blow the speakers.

The input sensitivity (I presume you are referring to the 2 mixer input gains) is at about 9 o'clock (ie, hardly on).  That's with the pad engaged.   Maybe I have a spectacularly high line output on my POD HD300?

If your HD300 output is set to Line I suggest you use the Line Level inputs on the rear panel of the L2t. The Channel Mixer inputs on the L2t are designed for Instrument/Mic level inputs.

• Upvote 1