Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Issue with Wah (Exp 1) on some presets

dawg2k5

Having an issue getting my wah (exp 1) on some presets, others it works fine

The ones it doesn't work in, the expression pedal isn't changing the values at all on the wah block, even though it's assigned correct to exp 1. Any ideas on this?

I've even tried copying and pasting blocks I know that are fine from other presets in to the ones I'm having issues with and still no go.

1: Are you sure the Wah Block has the appropriate assignments?

2: Are you sure your expression pedal is actually set to (controlling) EXP 1? 

I know those both appear as obvious assumptions, but I have to ask because it's usually the obvious that gets over looked.. especially #2. 

5 hours ago, codamedia said:

1: Are you sure the Wah Block has the appropriate assignments?

2: Are you sure your expression pedal is actually set to (controlling) EXP 1? 

I know those both appear as obvious assumptions, but I have to ask because it's usually the obvious that gets over looked.. especially #2. 

Thanks for the reply. Yes to both. That's the weird thing..

• Like 1

19 hours ago, dawg2k5 said:

Having an issue getting my wah (exp 1) on some presets, others it works fine

The ones it doesn't work in, the expression pedal isn't changing the values at all on the wah block, even though it's assigned correct to exp 1. Any ideas on this?

I've even tried copying and pasting blocks I know that are fine from other presets in to the ones I'm having issues with and still no go.

What happens when you clear the controllers and reassign them? 

1 hour ago, Kilrahi said:

What happens when you clear the controllers and reassign them? 

Same thing. The pedal isn't even modifying any of the parameters. When I move it with my foot you should be able to see the mix bar move....in some of these presets when I move the pedal nothing is happening...

22 minutes ago, rsvette12 said:

Not saying this is the issue but I played with this button see if this helps - each preset is different from what I am seeing - sometimes I have to hit this button on or off

click.jpg

Yeah that's the bypass block button that turns it off or on.  An off block doesn't do anything.

29 minutes ago, dawg2k5 said:

Same thing. The pedal isn't even modifying any of the parameters. When I move it with my foot you should be able to see the mix bar move....in some of these presets when I move the pedal nothing is happening...

Can you share one of these presets so people can test it?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Kilrahi said:

Yeah that's the bypass block button that turns it off or on.  An off block doesn't do anything.

Can you share one of these presets so people can test it?

Here you go. I cant get the wah block in this one to work at all. Even when assigned correctly to EXP1. Not sure if i mentioned this earlier, but this is on the Stomp

thank you

FR_RPC_CLEAN.hlx

14 hours ago, dawg2k5 said:

Here you go. I cant get the wah block in this one to work at all. Even when assigned correctly to EXP1. Not sure if i mentioned this earlier, but this is on the Stomp

thank you

FR_RPC_CLEAN.hlx

I can't open this because i use an LT... but I just looked at the patch in a text editor and I am confused. 

What block is the wah suppose to be on? I don't see a wah listed anywhere. I see a volume pedal, a Red Squeeze, a  Chorus, a Twin Amp (double), vintage digital delay, and a reverb.  

10 hours ago, codamedia said:

I can't open this because i use an LT... but I just looked at the patch in a text editor and I am confused. 

What block is the wah suppose to be on? I don't see a wah listed anywhere. I see a volume pedal, a Red Squeeze, a  Chorus, a Twin Amp (double), vintage digital delay, and a reverb.  

Sorry, here is the patch

FR_RPC_CLEAN_WAH.hlx

It's never easy deciphering a json document compared to actually loading a patch, but a couple things caught my eye...

• The wah is in Block 1, and at no point in that preset is Block 1 engaged.  Not when loaded, and not in any snapshot
  • It is set to be controlled by controller 1.... but not assigned to any buttons.  Also, Block 1 "overthresh" is set to false... that indicates to me that the controller cannot auto engage the effect.

I guess my big question is... how are you turning the wah on when it appears (in the json document) that nothing is assigned to turn it on? 

Okay, it largely worked straight out of the shoot once I'd corrected my global settings to match what I thought you were trying to do.  Just to confirm:

Wah:

Expression Pedal 1 controls position.

Expression Pedal 1 deactivates wah when it reaches 5% position (you mentioned that it wasn't controlling the position, but is it doing the bypass as you want?).

Volume:

Expression pedal 2 controls volume.

Footswitch 5 controls volume block bypass.

Just to confirm something for me, what type of expression pedal(s) are you using?

1 minute ago, Kilrahi said:

Okay, it largely worked straight out of the shoot once I'd corrected my global settings to match what I thought you were trying to do.  Just to confirm:

Wah:

Expression Pedal 1 controls position.

Expression Pedal 1 deactivates wah when it reaches 5% position (you mentioned that it wasn't controlling the position, but is it doing the bypass as you want?).

Volume:

Expression pedal 2 controls volume.

Footswitch 5 controls volume block bypass.

Just to confirm something for me, what type of expression pedal(s) are you using?

Correct.

I have a mission EP-1 and M-Audio pedal. 

One thing I just noticed is that when I delete the volume block, the wah block works.....

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dawg2k5 said:

Correct.

I have a mission EP-1 and M-Audio pedal. 

One thing I just noticed is that when I delete the volume block, the wah block works.....

That could indicate there are conflicts with the global settings. Can you confirm the following settings:

Global Settings > Preferences

1. Exp/FS Tip set to Expression Pedal 1. 

2. Exp/FS Ring set to Expression Pedal 2.

Bypass Assign Menu (Press both page buttons simultaneously and then press knob 1.

1. Assign the switch parameter of volume pedal and pan blocks to "none."

2. Assign the switch parameter of wah and pitch wham blocks to "Exp 1."

22 hours ago, Kilrahi said:

That could indicate there are conflicts with the global settings. Can you confirm the following settings:

Global Settings > Preferences

1. Exp/FS Tip set to Expression Pedal 1. 

2. Exp/FS Ring set to Expression Pedal 2.

Bypass Assign Menu (Press both page buttons simultaneously and then press knob 1.

1. Assign the switch parameter of volume pedal and pan blocks to "none."

2. Assign the switch parameter of wah and pitch wham blocks to "Exp 1."

Away from my Stomp for a few days but I will check when I get back. Thank you guys

• 3 weeks later...