Jump to content

Reverb/delay trails


palladinojt
 Share

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, palladinojt said:

I know that reverb/delay trails do not carry over during a patch/bank change, but I thought they carried over from Snapshot to Snapshot within a Bank, though to me so far it doesn't sound like they do.  Am I mistaken?

 

They do. You need to have the Trails parameter turned on in those blocks for it to happen, though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, phil_m said:

 

They do. You need to have the Trails parameter turned on in those blocks for it to happen, though.

 

Trails are on. I have a patch where the reverb decay time and mix are both reduced from the "lead" Snapshot to the "rhythm" Snapshot. But when I switch back to the rhythm Snapshot I don't still hear the decay from the lead.

 

If I switch from Snapshot to Snapshot, where Snapshot 1 has a 5 second reverb decay and Snapshot 2 has the same reverb block set to 2 seconds, will the last note played on Snapshot 1 still continue on at 5 sec decay, or will that switch to 2 sec when the Snapshot change is made?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, palladinojt said:

 

Trails are on. I have a patch where the reverb decay time and mix are both reduced from the "lead" Snapshot to the "rhythm" Snapshot. But when I switch back to the rhythm Snapshot I don't still hear the decay from the lead.

 

If I switch from Snapshot to Snapshot, where Snapshot 1 has a 5 second reverb decay and Snapshot 2 has the same reverb block set to 2 seconds, will the last note played on Snapshot 1 still continue on at 5 sec decay, or will that switch to 2 sec when the Snapshot change is made?

 

The new decay setting will start affecting the reverb trails as soon as you change snapshots. This is an instance where you’d be better off using two separate reverb blocks for each snapshot, I think.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, phil_m said:

 

The new decay setting will start affecting the reverb trails as soon as you change snapshots. This is an instance where you’d be better off using two separate reverb blocks for each snapshot, I think.

 

I will try that as well, thanks.  Hopefully I still have some empty block space on the signal path...  Apologies for this next part - just want to make sure I understand (I am going to test this later when I'm home):

 

So if I try this approach - in Snapshot 1: reverb block 1 is ON, reverb block 2 is OFF; in Snapshot 2: reverb block 1 is OFF, reverb block 2 is ON.  When I switch back to Snapshot 1, I should still hear the full decay of the last note played in Snapshot 2, through reverb block 2, BEFORE I switched back to Snapshot 1 and that block was switched OFF?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, palladinojt said:

 

I will try that as well, thanks.  Hopefully I still have some empty block space on the signal path...  Apologies for this next part - just want to make sure I understand (I am going to test this later when I'm home):

 

So if I try this approach - in Snapshot 1: reverb block 1 is ON, reverb block 2 is OFF; in Snapshot 2: reverb block 1 is OFF, reverb block 2 is ON.  When I switch back to Snapshot 1, I should still hear the full decay of the last note played in Snapshot 2, through reverb block 2, BEFORE I switched back to Snapshot 1 and that block was switched OFF?

 

Yes, as long as you have the Trails parameter turned on, you’ll hear the decay from the reverb blocks after they’re turned off.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yep, snapshots basically treat your changes like your really quickly cranking the knobs on a pedal, so if you have a shorter reverb decay on the second snapshot it will change the sound coming through the verb prior to the delay, just like a pedal would if you turned the knobs while sound was going out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...