Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Want To Buy An 500x, Have Some Questions First

ChaserHUN

I wan' to buy an 500X because I had it with carring a heavy amp had and tap dancing on my pedal board.

I have a 212 cab with V30s. If I use the POD HD500X with a power amp to power my cab, should I turn off the cab/mic simulation? 

Can you plug 2 guitars in the POD HD500X? For example I want to put a piezo bridge in my guitar and it would be cool if it could handle both outputs.

There are master settings for what you are plugged into. There is one for plugging into a power amp.

I used to use twin sounds. As long as your guitar has two outputs plug guitar into guitar in and Piezo into Aux in and you can route these to independant signal paths.

Okay, are there any vidoes on that? I1ve red somewhere in the forums here that the aux in doesn't sound that good. Also if I want a realy acoustic sound would my cab need piezo speakers too?

If I am at a venue where I wouldn't need my cab because the PA system is that good, can I turn on the cab/mic simulation fast or do I have to make new presets?

I use the PODHD with the Amp Pre models and cab/mic simulation into a power amp and cab.  But that doesn't mean it's the best way for you.  Some experimentation is required.

Your second question: I'd suggest making a seperate preset with cab and mic sim turned on.  It's easier and if you do forget to turn them on you can quickly switch to the differant preset.

1: if you are using the POD HD > Power amp . 2x12 cabinet: I would reccomend starting with the Pre amp models and turn off the cab modeling.  Some people find too much "color" if you don't...  but whatever sounds best to your ears is what's "right".

2: Yes, you can plug two inputs in simultaniously, as well as route each differently depending on your needs.

3: there are eight setlists on the HD500/X, I tend to have similar presets with different schemes depending on the situation.  i.e.:

Setlist 1: direct recording

Setlist 2: going to powered speaker (full amp/speaker modeling)

Setlist 3: going to a tube power amp and voiced speakers (pre-amps, no cab modeling)

Setlist 4: Dream Rig

this way I can switch as needed quickly if I need to change my rig without trying to write presets in the middle of a performance.