Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Hd500x Looper Questions

Highroller54

Hello All,

In a couple day (when it arrives) I'll be the owner of a HD500x.  Years ago when I played for a living my main piece of my tone was the original Red rackmount Pod, don't remember the model but it never let me down. So at this point in my life I'm getting back into playing again and wanted to add some effects to my sound without pay the riddicullas prices nowdays for pedals, I'm sure I'll be happy with it. I'm new to the Looper thing and understand it but have a couple questions for those in the know.

1. Let say you lay down a track on the looper, add a dubb, and really like what you have, Can you save it to the pedal board?

2. If you can save what you have recorded in the looper, how much capacity does it have or locations?

3. If you have to save your loop to a computer, what format does it save in and can you reinstall the saved loop back to the processor?

4. OK lets say you find a nice backing track on the net, and you want to practice your phasing with it, can you load this track into the processor? What format does it accept if not mp3 is there a converter to convert mp3's to POD format. The reason I ask this, for the tought of taking the processor to a friends house and have your tracks already loaded, ready to play from the processor without having to haul a laptop of other gear with you.

5.  Any tricks or tips you can let me in on?

Thank you for your help.

The answer to all your questions regarding the looper is no. You can't do any of those things. The looper isn't really comparable to a dedicated looping pedal like the Boss RC-20 or Digitech JamMan. It's a relatively simple single track looper that lets you record a phrase up to 48-seconds long and do overdubs. That loop can't be saved on the POD at all. You can't load backing tracks or other loops back onto the POD.

The answer to all your questions regarding the looper is no. You can't do any of those things. The looper isn't really comparable to a dedicated looping pedal like the Boss RC-20 or Digitech JamMan. It's a relatively simple single track looper that lets you record a phrase up to 48-seconds long and do overdubs. That loop can't be saved on the POD at all. You can't load backing tracks or other loops back onto the POD.

Thank you, kind of a bummer.  But hey for the price I guess you can't have everything...

• 3 years later...

i have a problem on using Looper with 4CM method

because when you set looper to past, is become after the FX-block and sound dont come out from amp, because looper is after fx-block

is there any way usinf looper with 4CM?