Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Controll Helix presets without cable

why_vincent

Hi guys, I am looking for a wireless way to switch presets on my MIDI-controllable pedal(happens to be a Line6 Helix). 

I imagine that I am not the first person with this need. Lots of guitarists use a wireless system for the audio and I guess that some of them has at some point in time wanted to also be able to change sound without having to return to the pedal board.

For the wireless part I found this little thing http://pandamidi.com/store/midibeam-v2 and it looks alright. The only thing remaining would be a MIDI controller that I as a guitarist easily could have on me while performing. Does anyone here have any suggestion? I have been surprised to get basically no results when trying to google this on my own.

I have a Yamaha MD-BT01 bluetooth midi receiver. Takes its power from the midi out of whatever it is plugged in to so no batteries needed, unlike the midibeam. I have yet to try it out but when I get around to it I’ll be using an Ipad, Yamaha’s bluetooth connection software and Ed Saxman's Midi controller for IOS.

+1 for the Yamaha Bluetooth. I use an iPad with Onsong to go through my songs, which change the presets for me as well once I select the song. Can do setlists and synchronize with many other midi devices. Well worth it

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SheldonF said:

+1 for the Yamaha Bluetooth. I use an iPad with Onsong to go through my songs, which change the presets for me as well once I select the song. Can do setlists and synchronize with many other midi devices. Well worth it

So do I with "Songbook+" .

Is very comfortable and I don't miss the tap dance between the songs :-)