Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Effects - MIDI; footswitch off = clean channel, on = lead channel?

hellview666

Hi,

I bought an HX Effects yesterday, absolutely loving the tones and functions.

Now I am looking to delve into using MIDI to change the channel on my Blackstar Series One 45; to change from 'Warm Clean' with an Orange LED to 'Super Crunch' with a Red LED, changing between these two on a footswitch press.

Any advice please? This is the first time I've ever used MIDI and I'm not fully sure what to do.

Thank you all.

First, read the manual (both of them, MIDI and Command Center).

In HX Effects, Global, MIDI, set MIDI PC Tx to OFF. This prevents the HXFX from sending it's default PC# when switching presets.

In Command Center, set an IC (Instant Command) to send the PC# required (per the Blackstar Series One 45 manual - there's 128 choices!). In your case, if you want the HXFX preset to load WARM CLEAN, set the IC to PC#2 on that preset. If you want another preset to load SUPER CRUNCH, set the IC to PC#4.

Likewise, if you want to use a Stomp to switch channels within a preset, set that stomp to send the appropriate PC# per the Blackstar Series One 45 manual.

Don't forget to save the preset!

• Like 1