Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Hd500x Cd/mp3 Input Volume

OasisMcFly

Wow. That is really bad then. I like to practice along with songs from my iPod. Even with the iPod turned all the way up, the mp3 input volume is incredibly low compared to my guitar. I guess I could set all my tones to have a considerably lower volume, but that feels ridiculous. Why change hundreds of tones, when I should be able to change just the mp3 input? I thought maybe I had changed some setting that was causing this, so I tried a brand new pod that had never been opened and the volume difference between the mp3 Input and the built in effects is a big problem.

I noticed the same thing when I wanted to plug my electronic drum kit into my Pod. Had to turn everything right up to get a vaguely usable volume level.

As a workaround, I bought a 1/8" TRS to 2 x 1/4" TS lead and I plug the drum kit's output into the two FX return inputs. That way I can get a stereo signal from the drum kit that is affected by the volume controls, but only use one of the paths in the Pod.

Works fine as long as you're not planning on using 'dual tones'.

I wouldn't blame the POD for this, I would blame the iPod.  I use a laptop and run the headphone out into the POD and it's plenty loud.  The iPod maxes out for your "safety" too.  The one other thing I would mention is that it could be the headphones you are using out of the POD.  I never have to turn my volume out of the POD above 6 to hear everything perfectly.  I use AKG K240 studio headphones and they sound great to me.

Doesn't really help the CD/MP3 input issue but I use my laptop connected by USB to play backing tracks and there are no volume issues at all.  They do not need to be inserted in the POD signal path, they play independently.  Added benefit is I can have HD Edit up at the same time for adjustments when needed. 

All in all, much better than trying to play with the controls and screen on my Droid...

PS - I run both 1/4 outs to a small power amp to my passive monitors in my studio this way.  Sounds great.  I can always switch to headphones for silent ops.

On the iPod, turn off any equalizer setting ("small speakers" or whatever). I noticed on my iPad, that having an equalizer set, it diminishes the overall volume output considerably, which isn't bad if you're using headphones, but when plugging it into your POD, it's pretty bad.