Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

CANCEL ISSUE! FIXED! can't update from "Boot Failure, Entered Update Mode!" screen

spangberg

UPDATE: MY HX EDIT was still at 2.6.  UPDATED EDIT AND THEN UPDATER WAS ABLE TO DETECT MY HELIX!!!!

I got halfway thru the update to Helix 2.8.1 successfully, but when I click OK to continue, Both Line6 updater and HXEdit cannot find my Helix so it can finish the update.  

I'm willing to just do a complete reset so I can have a working unit at this point.   I've tried powering up while holding down 7&8, 8&9, and 9&10, but no luck.  

Is there a way to factory reset independently of connecting to a computer because I don't think it's going to be able to talk to the computer/internet at this point.

The latest Line6 updater says "Select device to update" and can't find my "connected" Helix

The latest HX Edit says "no device connected" and can't find my "connected" Helix

I do have my usb cable plugged into the back of the Window 10 computer and have tried 2 different cables.

Help!  I hope I don't just have an expensive doorstop!  -TJ

9 hours ago, spangberg said:

UPDATE: MY HX EDIT was still at 2.6.  UPDATED EDIT AND THEN UPDATER WAS ABLE TO DETECT MY HELIX!!!!

I got halfway thru the update to Helix 2.8.1 successfully, but when I click OK to continue, Both Line6 updater and HXEdit cannot find my Helix so it can finish the update.  

I'm willing to just do a complete reset so I can have a working unit at this point.   I've tried powering up while holding down 7&8, 8&9, and 9&10, but no luck.  

Is there a way to factory reset independently of connecting to a computer because I don't think it's going to be able to talk to the computer/internet at this point.

The latest Line6 updater says "Select device to update" and can't find my "connected" Helix

The latest HX Edit says "no device connected" and can't find my "connected" Helix

I do have my usb cable plugged into the back of the Window 10 computer and have tried 2 different cables.

Help!  I hope I don't just have an expensive doorstop!  -TJ

Hi TJ,

This is a common complaint - “Help! I hope I don’t just have an expensive doorstop,”

Well it’s simply what happens when you fail to follow the very detailed installation instructions.

STEP 2—Updating HX Edit to 2.81 (YOU MUST DO THIS BEFORE UPDATING YOUR HELIX/HX FIRMWARE!)

I would guess that because this is in large print, and even some of it in red, it must be important.

Glad you figured out what you did wrong, or did you find the solution in one of the many, many other threads were people said that the update had bricked their Helix?

Pilot error!