Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Native 1.81 & HX Stomp Compatibility Mode - DI signal always mixed to preset

wn6134

Using Helix Native with the Hardware Compatibility set for the HX Stomp. I always hear DI signal mixed to preset.

Turn volume off with any element in signal chain and get DI signal. Switch compatibility mode to not HX Stomp and get silence.

UPD1: Windows 10 (1903). Cockos Reaper 5.981. FastTrack C400.

UPD2: MacOS Mojave 10.14.6. Cockos Reaper 5.981. Integrated audio.

21 hours ago, wn6134 said:

Using Helix Native with the Hardware Compatibility set for the HX Stomp. I always hear DI signal mixed to preset.

Turn volume off with any element in signal chain and get DI signal. Switch compatibility mode to not HX Stomp and get silence.

When you post asking for assistance with Native it's always best practice to specify what Computer and OS and the DAW you are using!

It's big help for us and you.

Thank you. Edited the first post. But please note that I hear DI only in HX Stomp Compatibility mode. If I select another device or compatibility off, I hear only processed signal.

Checked on Windows and MacOS with external USB sound card and with integrated.

I have the same problem.  I just got Native in the recent sale.  I set it for Stomp compatibility mode, because I have a Stomp and wanted to play with presets away from my guitar. 

I imported a dry guitar WAV file into reaper, added Native to the FX, and started playing it.  I heard both the dry and affected signal.  If I put a gain block set to -120db, I still hear the guitar.  I was going crazy thinking I had configured reaper incorrectly.  I switched to Floor/LT compatibility mode, and now it works correctly, I only hear the processed output.  If I put a -120 gain block in, I get silence.

I'm running Reaper on OSX, FWIW.

I've got a confirmation from support it's a bug:

I'm sorry about this. This is a bug that we are currently seeing in the HX Stomp hardware compatibility mode. Our team is aware of the issue, and we'll be addressing it in a future update. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Ticket ID: 355369

• 5 months later...