Hi, I'm hoping someone can help. I have my JTV-59 connected to my POD PRO X via the VDI cable. When I select the patch below the Variax does exactly as it should: The model knob lights up, and it has the correct model and tuning as per the preset.

1556535717_ScreenShot2019-08-22at5_26_06PM.png.66572cabf7887709bbebdfc2c6832471.png

However, when I select this patch, the Variax modelling turns off and I get the magnetic pickups. 

1241254597_ScreenShot2019-08-22at5_26_35PM.png.f10ab4316575735f7803d835cbd4f1ce.png

Can anyone shed some light on why I'm having this problem? Is there a setting I have missed?

Check the edit page on the HD Pro unit, there is a Force/Don't Force option. This tells the unit

whether it controls Variax Models, or whether the Variax controls itself. Check the manual on

that further. It's easy to forget that function is there.

Thanks for your response. When you say 'edit page' do you mean under' setup' on one of the two pages regarding Variax?

Yes. Should be a Force/Don't Force option, or something labeled similar.

There is no 'Force' option. Under Models I can scroll through and select 'Don't Force,' which is means there is no model selected, but otherwise it looks like by having a model selected it should force the Variax to go to that model. I think it might be a bug/glitch.

I still have no idea what was different between the setup of the two patches. I've worked around the problem by copying the patch that worked to the slot of the one that didn't and editing it to make it the same as what was originally there.

Weird and annoying, but I'm glad there's a workaround. 

It will be in the edit page of the HD Pro, for the Variax settings.