Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Native vs Amp Farm 4

geebake

I’m posting this out of ignorance, not accusation.

How does Amp Farm compare or relate to Helix Native? Is the modeling supposed to be more extensive or detailed? I realize that in the past, Amp Farm was seen as being more DAW centric. I’m not sure that’s the case anymore now given that Helix Native exists in plug in form only.

Please enlighten me.

Yes, more plug-ins equals better musician!! JK

One major reason which I assume doesn’t apply to you since you’re asking is AMP FARM 4.0 is backwards compatible with older Pro Tools sessions using AMP Farm.  

Some other reasons may be that you find some new tones you like and can’t dial in with the Helix, you’ve used it in the past and like the workflow, you like to hoard plug-ins…

If you've never used Amp Farm, you probably don't want to buy this version. This version is really just an update that gives people who've been using it for years (it originally came out like 20 years ago) a way to still have access to it in their old sessions. As DI explains in this post, it's not really a release for the typical modeling customer.

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?posts/29087727/

12 hours ago, geebake said:

Given that Amp Farm 4 was just released today, I’m not sure Line 6 would agree.  

Amp Farm was released over 20 years ago. I imagine all the updates are based on the old code base.

41 minutes ago, soundog said:

Amp Farm was released over 20 years ago. I imagine all the updates are based on the old code base.

Yes, that's true. There's no changes in the actual modeling with this update. It's really just a way to make it accessible for people who were using it before but were locked out of it because of the way Pro Tools changed its plug-in implementation. Like DI said in the link above, it's the same thing they did with Echo Farm a few years ago.

• Upvote 1