Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

All 8 Outputs With Helix Floor

Didgeridave

Hi all,

I am considering buying a Helix for performing live. I am trying to travel light, so I would like to use it as an audio interface. Here is what I hope to achieve.

I will be using mainstage. I will have a couple of stereo playback signals, a mono click signal, a mono vocal signal, and a stereo effects signal. I would like all of those signals (8 in total) to be routed to 8 line outs, and from there they will be patched to FOH. My main guitar signal will just come out of the main output of the Helix to the FOH.

When I was briefly playing around with my friend’s Helix (to see how it operates as an audio interface in Logic), I could see that I could route whatever I wanted to 8 outputs, but then when I tried to connect (what I thought to be) the physical outputs to a mixer, there was no generated signal.

So my question is this - is it possible to have 8 discreet outputs, as well as the main (mono or stereo) output (for what I am doing live on the guitar).

Many thanks!

David

Short answer - Probably not. The devil is in the details.

Recommended - DL the manual from the L6 Support area to get a full picture of Helix's routing capabilities.

I suspect you'll need a proper USB mixer/AI. I have a Scarlett 18i20 and using Reaper, do what you're describing and more.