Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pocket Pod No Audio

I am not getting any audio out of my Pocket Pod 1.0.  I bought it about 6 months ago and was working great until tonight.  I plugged my guitar and headphones in and I was getting static and changes in static as I was adjusting the controls on the device.  I also checked the cord and no trouble there.  I only use it at home and not sure why it suddenly stopped working.  Has anyone else ever experienced this?

It's possible that dirt/dust has collected underneath the knobs. This can cause interruptions in the signal flow within the underlying electronics. There are a couple of solutions:

-'rotate the knobs quickly and aggressively in both directions from min to max positions. This can dislodge the grit.

- purchase some pot (potentiometer) cleaner at your local electronics store and apply it per directions. Do not use a standard household lubricant such as WD-40.

If the problem persists then it is more serious.

A last option would be to try a factory reset: 

If for any reason, or just for the sheer mad joy of it, you decide you need to reset your Pocket POD to its factory-programmed state, then boldly do this:

• Hold the Save and Up buttons while you plug in to the Guitar In jack.

• Pocket POD will power up and display “Factory Init?”.

• The display will show “Yes=Save No=Tap”.

• To go ahead with the reset, press the Save button. To cancel without resetting, press the Tap button. Keep in mind that a Factory Reset will reset all the 124 User Presets to their factory default settings.

Good luck!

• 1 year later...

Hello there,

I have the same issue with my Pocket POD, some days ago it was working fine and suddenly no sound is coming out from it. I have tried every possible solution: changing the cables, headphones, flashing the memory, etc.

The guitar input seems to work fine as I can use the built-in tuner. It seems so strange that it happened like this. Is it something to do with the software? I'd like some help on this.

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same thing happen to me recently on both my Pocket Pod and Pocket Pod Express. The only thing I can think is that the software has a glitch related to the date somehow? I've tried different cables, batteries, output jacks, amps, headphones, and guitars. I just get a buzz and a faint rumble if I play the guitar hard. 

• 2 months later...

has any one checked the capacitors to see if they are bulging ,open the back and they are the blue tall cans with the "MERCEDES" star on the top , these are the ones that fail and cause hum ,.Replace with quality ones preferably Japanese.this is the only component failure I have so far found.