Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Just want to confirm MkI vs MkII questions

Nos402

I have a Spider V MkI as a backup to my helix.

From everything I've read, I think that if I upgrade the firmware then there is no reason for me to "upgrade" to a MkII? Is that correct? For some reason when they first came out I thought I had read that the MkII did Full Range stuff (acoustic, for example) but MkI didn't or something like that. I had been trying to sell my MkI to get a MkII but now I'm thinking I might not need to if a firmware update will literally make them the same except cosmetic changes. Can someone confirm this? Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

All MkI's can upgrade to MkII by performing a firmware update using the Line 6 updater software. Both Spider V MkI and MkII are full range. MkII has improved presets and a new Classic speaker mode which disables the tweeter and cab model, using the amp model with the physical cab for a more traditional playing experience.