Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Lame Question Regarding M5 Presets

murphymmb

Ok so I recently purchased an M5 and I have read the manual several times regarding this and I still cant figure out how to save presets.

I want to swap the 24 pre loaded presets for 24 of my own presets.

I clearly must be doing something wrong because when I follow the steps in the manual the name doesn't change and the original effect stays in preset 1.

Can anybody help me with this ?

Thanks

• 3 months later...

Hello,

I too, just recently purchased the M5 Stompbox and was attempting to change the factory loaded 24 presets with other box FX with no luck. Until I realized that even when the newly selected preset is loaded the display name does not change.  You have to manually type in the name of the new preset.  Then once you press and hold the Model Select knob the new preset saves into whichever of the 24 presets you are changing.  

So to change preset FX enter preset mode by simultaneously pressing the On/Off and TAP switches, and select one of the 24 presets.  Press On/Off and TAP switches again to return to Performance Mode.  Select the specific FX and then Press and hold the Model Select knob until the save display appears.  Then, using the knobs spell the name of the selected FX.  Once complete press and hold the Model Select knob.  Now the selected effect is saved to that numbered preset.  Hope this helps.