Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Effects Chain Order

chaosnp1

Hello,

When using the 4CM with the HX effects, where in the chain would you put externals pedals such as overdrives, fuzz, phaser, or modulation? Between guitar in? HX effects send to amp in? I want to mix the 4CM with my other pedals and what typically has worked well for others would be helpful. I would like to save my second effects loop if I can. Thanks!

It entirely depends on what you prefer. Putting your pedals in one of the HX effects loops is handy, as you can then move that block around anywhere in your chain.

I personally run my overdrives before the HX and then put my mod effects in an HX loop. I also use external loopers to turn on/off my external pedals, but that's another story.

Hey thanks for the reply. Yeah I pretty much do that now, but I guess I am more curious if you put a compressor block before the FX 1 loop serving as your 4CM and you put your overdrives before the guitar in or from HX effects send to amp in, where does that put those overdrives? Before that compressor block or after?

No problem. I guess if you placed the overdrives in the HX send to amp, that would place your overdrives after your compressor block. I think most people do it the way you're currently doing it (overdrives before HX), but others may chime in with other suggestions.

Yeah that's why I was curious about if you had your own fuzz, filter, overdrive, etc. Where would those go in combination with the 4CM and sound good. I also was thinking of making a separate send and return instead of the FX loop 1 method and putting a compressor or fuzz before followed by the send block and overdrives after before the return. I guess it will just take trial and error, but curious if anyone had done this yet. Thanks!