Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

What would come closest to the Laney Cub 12 on the Helix?

optofonik

This is a big guess but try the Vox AC-15 and experiment with various speaker cab/mics. You may not want to use 2 amps since it will limit your blocks and DSP. One thing people do is one amp but two different cabs. You could try that.

1 hour ago, optofonik said:

Wouldn't a single amp and two cabs take three blocks instead of just two that a dual combo setup would utilize?

I believe you can have 1 amp and 2 cabs in one block. It's been awhile since i've done that. But the DSP usage will be large.

Looks like it's more, two blocks. One for the amp and the other can be a dual cab block. So you'd only need two blocks. I thought you could just have one block that has an amp and dual cabs but I guess not. I'm not at home so this is all by memory and looking at the manual.

Depends. The dual cab block isn't stereo. Effects placed between amp and cab would have to be mono, or would sum to mono.

If you want stereo cabs you'd need three blocks, with one of the cabs in a split path. You could then put stereo effects before and after the cabs/split.