Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

How do I get my Pod HD500X to connect to my computer for direct recording via USB?

Hi,

I'm trying to get my HD500X to connect to recording software on my laptop via the USB. However, when I do this the sound quality at the laptop is awful and only appears to be a direct signal from my guitar ie; the effects and amp models I have set up do not seem to be coming through. Do I need to assign the USB output on the pod somehow? The manual does not really tell me much.

Many Thanks

Rob

First off, you need to download and install the Line 6 driver. Check that your recording program is using the POD HD and it’s ASIO driver as the audio input and output device. Connect your speakers / headphones to the POD outputs. After arming a stereo track for recording in your recording program, select the POD HD USB channels 1/2 as the Record Input Source.

Note: The Line 6 driver is required for Windows computers. If you are using a Mac you may or may not need a driver depending on the age/OS of the Mac.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, roxrob said:

the sound quality at the laptop is awful and only appears to be a direct signal from my guitar ie; the effects and amp models I have set up do not seem to be coming through

if you managed to record and playback only the dry unprocessed signal of your guitar by having the POD connected to the computer with models active in the chain, it means that the guitar wasn't connected (as it should) to the POD guitar input but instead to the computer audio input (or other AI), and also that the POD was not set as the chosen audio interface in your recording software.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips