Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

USB issue after windows 10 update

mcmikey

After Windows 10 update my DAW no longer recognised Helix and there was a huge latency on USB 1/2. After unsuccessfully trying to solve by re-installing Helix Firmware I found a (non-helix-related) post on the web suggesting to uninstall USB host controllers. I did this on all USB Root Hubs and root Hubs (3) and it worked - however if you need to do this you will have to manually reboot your PC as your mouse/keyboard wont work until you reboot and USBs are re-installed.

The usual solution to this is two part:

Re-install HX Edit - that re-installs the Helix drivers and resolves the DAW problem. You don't need to re-install the FW unless you're also installing a newer version of HX Edit.

Then make sure that your Windows Power Plan is still set to Performance and go into Device Manager to make sure that the Power Management on the USB Hubs is still set to NOT allow the hubs to go to sleep to save power. Windows update often (not always) resets these Power Management settings.

I'm glad you solved the problem another way, but for most users this way is much easier.