Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Digitech Control 7

Jayth21

Will this controller work with a dt50? If no, what can I use to access midi capability on this amp. I would like to use this for silent recording, however it sounds horrible as it is now.

I am simply sending from the direct out to my digital recorder. I want to access the cab/mic sims that come with this amp.Please help...:) P.S I tried searching here, google, yahoo, digitech,

encyclopedia, dictionary, phone book...wits end here...

On 7/3/2020 at 2:15 PM, Jayth21 said:

Will this controller work with a dt50? If no, what can I use to access midi capability on this amp. I would like to use this for silent recording, however it sounds horrible as it is now.

I am simply sending from the direct out to my digital recorder. I want to access the cab/mic sims that come with this amp.Please help...:) P.S I tried searching here, google, yahoo, digitech,

encyclopedia, dictionary, phone book...wits end here...

I imagine any MIDI controller will work (with different degrees of usefulness).

I would start with a computer + MIDI interface. I've seen the M-Audio Uno recommended often on the forum. I am using the somewhat cheaper iConnectivity Mio, though I have had a Uno in the past and prefer it.

Install the MIDI interface and a User Created DT Editor: 

With a DT editor you will be able to tweak all of the settings: mics, cabinets, preamps, types of reverb, reverb settings, and more to your heart's content.

screen.jpg

After editing, I have my two favorite preamps loaded (one on Channel A/one on Channel B) and simply toggle between them like a normal 2-channel amp (which is how I would record the amp if I was trying to use the mic level output).

18 hours ago, psarkissian said:

I believe I indicated in my inquiry, that I had made a more than due diligence attempt at solving this. Having read all the manuals, I was still at an impasse. Maybe I was not clear enough, (with my attempt at some levity) to provide explanation of the work I'd put in already. I understand you likely receive a ton of, what seems to you, superfluous inquiries. I understand. Mod work can be a suck job, but it's is one you accepted. Posting a link to the user manual in this case was downright condescending. It has the potential to put this lifelong guitarist and gear purchaser off line 6 altogether.

Sorcerer,

I did eventually click the sticky and find this. I have it downloaded, and an interface is on the way. I hope it works. Apparently I was asking the wrong questions with my search criteria. Midi controller inquiries didn't bring me there. FWIW the Control 7 in the amps current state, does nothing. Perhaps that will change when I can confirm 2.0 has IN FACT been installed. I would think it would at least work the global controls in an un-updated amp? WTF do I know, I use it for my quadraverb, which up to this purchase was  the only digital gear I have rig wise... :)     Thank you for your response.

-Jayth

1 hour ago, Jayth21 said:

I believe I indicated in my inquiry, that I had made a more than due diligence attempt at solving this. Having read all the manuals, I was still at an impasse. Maybe I was not clear enough, (with my attempt at some levity) to provide explanation of the work I'd put in already. I understand you likely receive a ton of, what seems to you, superfluous inquiries. I understand. Mod work can be a suck job, but it's is one you accepted. Posting a link to the user manual in this case was downright condescending. It has the potential to put this lifelong guitarist and gear purchaser off line 6 altogether.

I think you’re overreacting a bit to a sincere attempt to provide you with helpful information. In your initial post you did mention having done some internet research but you did not mention that you had read the manual.

Please consider your post from the reader/mod’s perspective. This is your very first post on these forums. We know absolutely nothing about you. One of the worst things we can do as mods is assume anything about a new poster’s background or experience. We only know what you tell us. Over time, if you begin to interact here more frequently, we can build up some knowledge about you. 

You would be surprised at how frequently new users here have not read the manual that clearly answers their question. As mods we try to avoid the truly condescending remark of RTFM.  Note that psarkissian did not say that. You would also be surprised at the number of first time posters who receive exactly the response that psarkissian provided - a helpful link to the manual - and respond back with ‘thanks for the help’. 

I don’t think his response was condescending at all. I think it was potentially helpful and I’m sure it was offered in that spirit. Psarkissian had no idea how you would respond, so simply provided the link with no commentary that could be misinterpreted.

We now know that you don’t ask questions without doing thorough due diligence. We didn’t know that before.