Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Any chance to see a "global reverb" option?

cristt

Just thinking... For folks like me who just use the same simple small "always-on" reverberation for every patch (much like the rev control of a real amp), it  would be very nice if line 6 could implement kind of a "global reverb" (just with the option to turn it on/off at patch level, if you will), so to be able to free up an fx block that most of the times would be a reverb anyway. I know that reverbs are dsp hungry but a simple room reverb won't hurt that much I guess...

That would be great.

Would you also want other reverb models available, or just have the simple on/off room reverb as the one and only reverb option?

If the latter I don’t think your suggestion would get much support. A single room reverb option is just too restrictive.

If the former, and you want to sometimes use other reverb options instead of the always-present room reverb, then your suggestion actually requires more DSP allocated to reverb than there now is. Even when the room reverb is turned off, as long as it is in the preset there is DSP allocated for it because you could turn it on at any moment. Which means less DSP for other things, reverb or otherwise.

Or do I misunderstand you?

3 minutes ago, silverhead said:

Would you also want other reverb models available, or just have the simple on/off room reverb as the one and only reverb option?

If the latter I don’t think your suggestion would get much support. A single room reverb option is just too restrictive.

If the former, and you want to sometimes use other reverb options instead of the always-present room reverb, then your suggestion actually requires more DSP allocated to reverb than there now is. Even when the room reverb is turned off, as long as it is in the preset there is DSP allocated for it because you could turn it on at any moment. Which means less DSP for other things, reverb or otherwise.

For me it would be sufficient to select a single type of reverb (being a room or whatever) with same settings for all the patches. A nice touch would be an on/off state at patch level, but I could easily get away without that.

You may say I could also add an external rev pedal on the fx loop or between pod go and whatever it is after... Yes, but that would require more stuff to bring along and connect.

You can do this yourself anyway. Go to any new patch and make a template of your basic fx with the basic room reverb you want at the settings you like. Copy that template to all the new patch spaces. So when you now want to make a patch, your basic reverb and anything else you might want is already there, ready and waiting. If you want to, you can even copy that reverb block into another patch to change it's reverb.  This is a sophisticated mfx unit so the world is pretty much your lobster. 

And the reverb will already be assigned to a footswitch that you can put on or off in stomp mode. Want an on off switch in any mode? Easy...add a momentary switch (See the manual) set that to switch reverb on off and job done. I've 2 connected to my Pod Go. 

But here's the thing. As you become more experienced you'll want to experiment with your reverb settings and it's position in the signal chain.  You'll want to load down other patches and they'll have different reverbs and or a room reverb with different settings and or in a different position in the chain. 

So what you want is a wholly pointless and a less than useless feature in a sophisticated mfx like Pod Go...and not everyone wants room reverb anyway.  And in all seriousness if all you need are a few simple fx then Pod Go might be the wrong unit for you. I have a Sonicake Rockstage..a very simple fx block that has a great Marshall type distortion  room reverb, delay and a chorus. Really cheap, really simple, very small and light but sounds amazingly good with any amp. Or you can pick up a Boss ME30 or 50 that works just like a set of stomps, to switch on off any fx you want. 

Nope, honestly...not only would you be very unlikely to get support on the Line 6 Ideas site, but you're likely to get negative votes...and which is exactly how I'd respond if I saw that floated as an idea! (Sorry)

The thing is that is not difficult or boring to add reverb to each preset, of course I know that I can make a template or copy patches, my idea was just to free up a fx block, so that I would get full 4 for fx that I really care about (being the rev separate) and not 3 + 1 (being 90% of the time a reverb).

oh well...just an idea.

4 hours ago, cristt said:

The thing is that is not difficult or boring to add reverb to each preset, of course I know that I can make a template or copy patches, my idea was just to free up a fx block, so that I would get full 4 for fx that I really care about (being the rev separate) and not 3 + 1 (being 90% of the time a reverb).

oh well...just an idea.

Could get an external reverb pedal and either put it after the PodGo, or stick it in the effects loop if you rarely use that.  That would get you the 4 blocks to use as you wish.  Sure, its an additional expense, but it would accomplish what you are going for.