Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

X, Y and Z axis's in the future for microphone capabilities?

teads1685

Does anyone know if the Pod Go will get the capability to adjust axis's with microphones? Feel like this would be a huge win if possible but a disappointment not having the ability to do so. Not sure if it takes up a lot of DSP or not. Hopefully the Pod GoX will have it when it gets released.

yeah it's a little bit of a shame that pod go can't do that, but after all you have such a huge amount of other tools to shape your tone that you can easily deal with it.

BTW I also think it's quite dsp consuming and that helix has it. 

36 minutes ago, cristt said:

yeah it's a little bit of a shame that pod go can't do that, but after all you have such a huge amount of other tools to shape your tone that you can easily deal with it.

Ah, I didn't realise Helix had this, as I thought all the amps, fx, cabs and mics (apart from 3 heavy DSP drain models) were the same.

56 minutes ago, cristt said:

The Helix doesn’t have that feature. The cab and mic models in the POD Go are exactly the same as they are in Helix.

Regarding the OP, you wouldn’t necessarily need 3 axes... Since a speaker is symmetrical, you would really only need one axis parallel to the speaker face to go along with the current mic distance parameter that’s currently there.

14 hours ago, phil_m said:

The Helix doesn’t have that feature. The cab and mic models in the POD Go are exactly the same as they are in Helix.

Regarding the OP, you wouldn’t necessarily need 3 axes... Since a speaker is symmetrical, you would really only need one axis parallel to the speaker face to go along with the current mic distance parameter that’s currently there.

Thanks @phil_m I thought it was all the same and thanks for clarifying my understanding was right. 

5 hours ago, cristt said:

Sorry I was really convinced that helix had it. 

Thinking again I guess some kind of Z axes you do get, with the early reflection parameter of the cab, I'm i right? 

The Mic Distance parameter is essentially the Z axis. The Early Reflections parameter is kind of the equivalent of using an IR with more samples. It’s not really related to the mic placement.