Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Bank jumps

jcspirited

If it happens spontaneously, without you touching anything, it’s either a firmware glitch or faulty hardware. To determine which it is use HX Edit to reinstall the firmware. If it’s still happening open a support ticket for hardware diagnosis and repair.

There is a support ticket open. They told me to do a reset, I did. I responded to it. Mentioned the reset didn’t have any affect. Waiting to hear back. 
I’ve thought about cleaning the button. I’m concerned about voiding warranty. If I clean it and it’s a bad button. Will it get repaired/replaced?

• 2 weeks later...

I have heard back from support. They referred me to a local repair shop. Emailed the shop, could take a long time to repair(get parts). Ok, I looked into the extended warranty for the Helix to take advantage of the loaner program. My Helix is still under warranty. Just want the loaner. Because the issue with the bank button happened before I bought the extended warranty. Will I still be able to get a loaner. Or will the pre-existing not qualify. 

On 9/7/2020 at 6:50 PM, madmax49 said:

You need to clean the up and down switches or replace them.  This has happened to me too and all I did was spray them with contact cleaner.

I have a similar bad footswitch. Did you just spray the posts and let the contact cleaner drain into the switch, or did you open the unit up and spray the switch directly? Thanks.