Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Go USB level input into Logic

KorbySears

I have my Pod Go USB going into my iMac (OSX 10.14.4) running Logic pro X (10.4.4). When I record the USB Audio input from the Pod Go unit - either Input 1-2 with the processing, or the Input 3-4 with the dry signal - I don't seem to have any control over the level over the signal. The volume knob on the hardware unit does nothing. In my System Preferences under Sound, it shows that there is no Input Level control for the Pod Go (I have a Rode USB mic, and the input level control occurs here). Am I just stuck with the default input level the Pod Go generates? Depending on the patch, it seems to be limited around -18dB.  

Screen Shot 2020-10-06 at 8.20.34 PM.png

The level of USB 1/2 is tied directly to the preset level in the POD Go. So if you need it louder you’d turn it up at output block in the preset. USB 3/4 is the dry signal, so it’s just the straight unity gain signal from your guitar through the POD Go’s converters (if you have the input pad on, that will affect the level). So, no, there’s no other adjustments.

46 minutes ago, cristt said:

ain't that also a usb1/2 trim on the Global preferences? 

That controls the level of the audio coming back from the computer over USB 1/2 Out. The terminology can be a bit confusing because the USB out of the PG is USB in to the computer, and USB out of the computer is USB in to the PG.

4 hours ago, phil_m said:

The level of USB 1/2 is tied directly to the preset level in the POD Go. So if you need it louder you’d turn it up at output block in the preset. USB 3/4 is the dry signal, so it’s just the straight unity gain signal from your guitar through the POD Go’s converters (if you have the input pad on, that will affect the level). So, no, there’s no other adjustments.

Phil - ah, that's great! Was not aware of that section of the block. Yes, output Main Out block defaults to 0dB with +20dB of headroom! Thanks for this answer.

• 1 year later...

Dear all!

I am having the following issue :

I want to record in Logic Pro X (Mac mini).

I choose a preset, create a new track Input (1&2 output 1&2)

I start the recording : I see in logic that the signal seems to be loud enough (leds in the green/wellow zone).

I stop the recording

I play the recording : the level is very low I almost can not hear it... weird. I see the "waves" in the track but it is so low....

Any clue how I can fix this ? How should I go step by step ? (Please consider that I am newbie with DAWs)

Another thing : the app line 6 pod go on my Mac sometimes just... disappears... very weird! 

Marc