Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

I wonder if they’ll refine the spring reverb with update?

Samdbl

12 hours ago, Samdbl said:

The spring reverb on my stomp is kinda lame. I love the rest of the box, for the most part. But I feel the spring reverb does not sound at all convincing. I have read others that feel the same. I wonder if a firmware update might address this?

Helix reverbs are serviceable in a mix for live use, but if you're an ambient guy playing unaccompanied, and you're looking for the ultra-lush reverbs that you find in the pricier stand alone reverb pedals of the world, you'll probably never be satisfied with what Helix has to offer... and the reason is simple: available DSP. Many of those boxes have as much if not more DSP than Helix, and it's all dedicated to doing just one thing, while Helix is wearing a dozen different hats at any given time, all of them chewing up processing power. Most multi-effect/ modelers will always have trouble competing with stuff like that... that's why they gave us effects loops.

• Upvote 2