Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Which tactile switch for replacement in helix floor

bishstu

Hi ya'll,

so I'll attempt to get some contact cleaner in there first. But I need to likely replace a tactile switch in the helix. I can see the switch is 6mmx6mm but I'm wondering about the height? my local electronics shop is out of stock of the one that appears to be right, but has one with a slightly taller button. Anyone have any experience of if this would work? Or an amazon link (even amazon Canada) to the 'right' switch?

Thanks!

35 minutes ago, bishstu said:

Hi ya'll,

so I'll attempt to get some contact cleaner in there first. But I need to likely replace a tactile switch in the helix. I can see the switch is 6mmx6mm but I'm wondering about the height? my local electronics shop is out of stock of the one that appears to be right, but has one with a slightly taller button. Anyone have any experience of if this would work? Or an amazon link (even amazon Canada) to the 'right' switch?

Thanks!

Hi,

This came up previously a few times - you may have read this, but if not, there is a supplier link.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

• 4 weeks later...

I purchased these from Amazon and they worked just fine.  Don't mean to insult your soldering skills if you know this already, but I highly recommend using some solder wick and flux paste to help remove the bad switches.  I nearly ruined my circuit board trying to get those little suckers off.  With the wick and flux paste, they nearly fall off the board by themselves!  (once you learn how to use the stuff - YouTube)