Jump to content
Menahem

FS 4/5 not going to preset!

Recommended Posts

I'm trying to get FS4/5 to go to HX PRESET in the cc.

but it will not go back and forth....

FS1/2/3 works perfect.

 

FS4/5 works only when I'm in the CC screen.

 

am I the only one who has the problem?

 

thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Global Settings>Footswitches

 

FS4 Function = <FS MODE; FS5 Function = FS MODE>

 

Global Settings>Preferences EXP/FS TIP (or Ring, dep on your FS) = FS4; EXP/FS RING = FS5

 

Again, depending on your FS, Tip and Ring Polarities may need to be reversed.

 

My Moskey Dual Switch works fine. What are you using?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, rd2rk said:

Global Settings>Footswitches

 

FS4 Function = <FS MODE; FS5 Function = FS MODE>

 

Global Settings>Preferences EXP/FS TIP (or Ring, dep on your FS) = FS4; EXP/FS RING = FS5

 

Again, depending on your FS, Tip and Ring Polarities may need to be reversed.

 

My Moskey Dual Switch works fine. What are you using?

 

All the configuration is and was good.

the foot switch is working correctly i can turn blocks on and off.

again the issue is when i set the in CC to go to HX PRESET it only works on FS1/2/3 and semiworks with FS4/5.

image.thumb.png.79d43638182f989cbcc052ee55dcf6f3.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have opened have opened a support ticket on the 25/11 and got no replay since.

such a shameful conduct by line6 part.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We seem to be having a translation issue, but I think I see the problem.

By "cc" you mean Command Center.

You want FS 4/5 to work as HX Preset Prev/Next.

 

Command Center settings are saved "Per Preset".

They are NOT Global.

If you move from one preset to another, the buttons will not work UNLESS BOTH presets are configured for those buttons to work that way.

If you have the buttons set to Prev/Next in Preset X, then press the button to move to Preset Y, if the buttons are not configured as Prev/Next in Preset Y they will not work as expected.

You can make the buttons work that way in ALL presets by changing the Global Function from Stomp 4/Stomp 5 to Preset UP/Preset DOWN, but then that's how they work in ALL Presets.

 

IOW - you need to make a choice. To effectively use Preset Prev/Next with Command Center, all presets that you need it for need to be set up that way or once you get to a preset that's NOT set that way, you're stuck!

 

If you set the switches for Preset UP/DOWN Globally, that's all you'll be able to use them for.

 

You should also be aware that, if the Global Setting for those switches is set to Preset Up/Down, and you also use the switch in a preset as a Block Bypass, when you press the switch the HX will go crazy and start cycling through EVERY PRESET. The only way out is to reboot.


 

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, rd2rk said:

We seem to be having a translation issue, but I think I see the problem.

By "cc" you mean Command Center. Yes

You want FS 4/5 to work as HX Preset Prev/Next. No, I want it to go back and forth between 2 presets.

 

Command Center settings are saved "Per Preset".

They are NOT Global. 

If you move from one preset to another, the buttons will not work UNLESS BOTH presets are configured for those buttons to work that way.

That's how I thought it works.

If you have the buttons set to Prev/Next in Preset X, then press the button to move to Preset Y, if the buttons are not configured as Prev/Next in Preset Y they will not work as expected.

You can make the buttons work that way in ALL presets by changing the Global Function from Stomp 4/Stomp 5 to Preset UP/Preset DOWN, but then that's how they work in ALL Presets. 

 

IOW - you need to make a choice. To effectively use Preset Prev/Next with Command Center, all presets that you need it for need to be set up that way or once you get to a preset that's NOT set that way, you're stuck! Again I want to go back and forth between 2 presets.

 

If you set the switches for Preset UP/DOWN Globally, that's all you'll be able to use them for.

 

You should also be aware that, if the Global Setting for those switches is set to Preset Up/Down, and you also use the switch in a preset as a Block Bypass, when you press the switch the HX will go crazy and start cycling through EVERY PRESET. The only way out is to reboot.

I added a video hope it helps demonstrate the issue better.

I just want to know if its a BUG or my unit is the defective.

I checked the footswitch its OK...

 

has the clip shows the FS4/FS5 only works when the CC menu is "ON"...

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Menahem said:

I added a video hope it helps demonstrate the issue better.

I just want to know if its a BUG or my unit is the defective.

I checked the footswitch its OK...

 

has the clip shows the FS4/FS5 only works when the CC menu is "ON"...

 

 

 

 You have to set the command up in each preset. Right now, you just have it set up in Preset 1A. All of these commands are per preset (or per snapshot) only, not global. When you get to preset 1B, there’s no command set up, so there’s nothing for the footswitch to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, phil_m said:

 You have to set the command up in each preset. Right now, you just have it set up in Preset 1A. All of these commands are per preset (or per snapshot) only, not global. When you get to preset 1B, there’s no command set up, so there’s nothing for the footswitch to do.

When I'm in 1B it is set to 1A and vice versa(all is shwon in the video).

again FS1/2/3 works correctly so why 4/5 isn't?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, phil_m said:

 You have to set the command up in each preset. Right now, you just have it set up in Preset 1A. All of these commands are per preset (or per snapshot) only, not global. When you get to preset 1B, there’s no command set up, so there’s nothing for the footswitch to do.


 I looked at it again. It looks like you have the preset command assigned to the all the footswitches in the Command Center. I’d say delete it from the footswitches you don’t want it on and only assign it to FS4 in both presets. I kind of think you might be causing a loop with having the same command assigned to multiple footswitches. It might be firing causing you to go back to the original preset.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, phil_m said:


 I looked at it again. It looks like you have the preset command assigned to the all the footswitches in the Command Center. I’d say delete it from the footswitches you don’t want it on and only assign it to FS4 in both presets. I kind of think you might be causing a loop with having the same command assigned to multiple footswitches. It might be firing causing you to go back to the original preset.

well i filmed it when the unit was with FW 3.00.

now its with FW 3.01 and after factory reset and still FS4/5 not working as i configured 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've attached a pair of presets that (I think) demonstrate OP's problem.

Buttons 3 and 4 are set identically to do what the preset name indicates - in GoTo 102 they switch to 102 and vice versa.

Button 3 always works as programmed.

Button 4 will go to the other preset, but will not, once in that preset, return to the other preset.

 

It's also interesting that, when programming the buttons, when you manually enter the preset # and hit enter, it changes to two numbers lower. The only way to hit the desired number is to use the arrows. Not sure it's related, but interesting nonetheless.

GoTo 101.hlx GoTo 102.hlx

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, rd2rk said:

I've attached a pair of presets that (I think) demonstrate OP's problem.

Buttons 3 and 4 are set identically to do what the preset name indicates - in GoTo 102 they switch to 102 and vice versa.

Button 3 always works as programmed.

Button 4 will go to the other preset, but will not, once in that preset, return to the other preset.

 

It's also interesting that, when programming the buttons, when you manually enter the preset # and hit enter, it changes to two numbers lower. The only way to hit the desired number is to use the arrows. Not sure it's related, but interesting nonetheless.

GoTo 101.hlx 3.58 kB · 0 downloads GoTo 102.hlx 3.58 kB · 0 downloads

Nailed it.

 

plus the part about bank D, that's why I use FS1 or 2/3 to see the "true" preset I am setting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks guys. I can reproduce this using the attached presets and have logged it as a bug. Appreciate your report!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, jdomine said:

Thanks guys. I can reproduce this using the attached presets and have logged it as a bug. Appreciate your report!

thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...