Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Connecting Relay G10 to Yamaha THR1011 Wireless

mevrowka

I want to use a Line 6 Relay G10 to enable my guitar to work wireless.  So.... do I need to connect an instrument cable between a Yamaha THR1011 Wireless amp's INPUT JACK and the Line 6 Relay G10 receiver's AUDIO OUT JACK?  The salesman seemed to think the Line 6 relay communicated wirelessly with the Yamaha THR but I can't get it to work without the instrument cable. 

The Yamaha's documentation says "The THR-II Wireless can connect with the Relay G10T wireless guitar transmitter (made by Line 6) by wireless."  It then refers me to the Line6 Relay documentation for hookup where it shows using an instrument cable.  I was ready to chalk it up to the salesman being wrong until someone else told me they can work together without an instrument cable.  So now Im confused.  I cant get them to work unless I use an instrument cable.   Can someone answer this question?  Thank you. 

The THR10 ii can connect to the G10 transmitter wirelessly. It has a wireless receiver built in. To pair the transmitter with the amp, just plug the transmitter into the amp's 1/4" input for 15 seconds so the amp can go through the channel selection process and set the transmitter to the correct channel.

• 3 weeks later...

BTW you can also use the Relay G50 transmitter with the Spider V, and probably with the Yamaha as well since they're both designed for the G10.  In the Spider V you can pick the wireless channel in the amp, but with the Yamaha you can use the mobile app to assign the channel, or sit and step through each G50 channel until it start to work.

• 1 year later...