Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

ROLAND FC-300 SYSEX Mode for HX STOMP v2.0 !! - [2021 UPDATED]

Ed_Saxman

ROLAND FC-300 SYSEX Mode for HX STOMP has been updated to version 2.0!

50870117608_96ce1ca9ed_o.png

I recently purchased a pair of CME WIDI Master, and found how well it works with SYSEX messages, unlike the Yamaha BT-01 I was using before.
This has meant that my Layout for the Roland FC-300 is now fully Wireless, so I've taken the opportunity to update it to version 2.0.
It is now quite a bit more complex, including memory for 9 banks of 5 presets. It has also been redesigned to look better.

This MIDI Layout is an example of how MIDI Designer 2 can control several devices at once, establishing communication between them all. Without needing a single cable.
It is composed of about 1000 lines of Streambyter code, necessary to control the SYSEX implementation of the FC-300, at the same time that it controls the HX Stomp.
This means having implemented a complete customized SYSEX mode so that both devices work together in a logical way.

The Roland FC-300 is battery powered, so with the CME WIDI Master, the iPad, and this Layout it has become a great device to remotely control the HX Stomp.

The FC-300 may not be the most popular MIDI controller today, but it is the only one in the world to have a SYSEX mode specifically designed for the HX Stomp!

Someone interested on a HELIX version?

• 2 years later...