Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

How To Update/edit/delete a published tone?

jtashiro

I would like to edit a tone that I have published to line 6 cloud but don’t see a path to do that.  Is it possible or not?  The only option I see is to create a new tone which is not my goal and will only proliferate junk tones.

On 3/13/2021 at 1:22 PM, jtashiro said:

I would like to edit a tone that I have published to line 6 cloud but don’t see a path to do that.  Is it possible or not?  The only option I see is to create a new tone which is not my goal and will only proliferate junk tones.

The time to worry about the proliferation of junk on Customtone and any effect that might have on the platform's usefulness to Joe Average has long since passed... it's already festooned with junk, and none of it is going away anytime soon, so what's one more? If you genuinely want anybody to hear your new creation, just put it up there, and don't lose any sleep over the old one.

On 3/14/2021 at 9:50 PM, jtashiro said:

Thanks, I see your point and am hopeful such a small technical change could be quickly delivered by the Yamaha/Line 6 dev team.  

I really like their products, but "quickly delivered" is not L6's M.O...;) Besides, nobody in a position to do anything about it will see this thread anyway. The powers that be don't show up here much. Ideascale is the place to put requests, but that's for product features/ updates, etc... it's got nothing to do with the website.

52 minutes ago, pianoguyy said:

delete the old tone 

add the new one

I am using Amplifi Remote app on iOS and don't see an option to delete the old tone from the Cloud.  Would appreciate if someone could provide the steps to do that action.  I don't want to publish new versions of a tone to the Cloud.