Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content



Recommended Posts

Hi All

just wondering if I can get the vdi cable input part as mine has a blown resistor in there and won’t power up as pic. Could a electronics store fix this or is it more a specialised area. I know that full compass has these as the last pic however don’t ship over seas or is there another store who will ship overseas. 

Any help would be great and to ship overseas as I’m in New Zealand 






Link to comment
Share on other sites

- Using the VDI and the 1/4" output simultaneously?

- No, can't fix it, the circuit trace looks damaged. BTW, it's not a resistor,... good guess though.

- The jack plate assembly has a longer cable,... it's for a JTV-59. You will need one for a Variax Standard.


Check for Line 6 authorized service in your area,...


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not to disagree, but if you find a good electronics shop that can do repairs on "surface mount" boards, it would be worth a look. Its likely the neighboring "L" components would share the same value (probably inductors). You got nothing to lose, right?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...