Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Having 5 Snapshots switches In the bottom row?

Hatman777

19 minutes ago, Hatman777 said:

Hello all, i was wondering if i can have 5 snapshot switches on my bottom row as opposed to having  the preset/bank down footswitch? can this be done ? if so where in the settings can assign this  ?
thank you all for the input

According to the Helix Owner’s Manual > Page 66 > Global Settings > Footswitches 

You can turn off the Preset/Bank option and have 10 Stomp switches only, with any other setting the Preset/Bank are retained 

Hope this helps/makes sense.

Hello Datacommando, I did set it to 10 Stomp, but did  not  see  turn off the Preset/Bank option ?  i do have  preset mode set up to 8 snap shots  but it puts  snap shot 5 on the top row and was wondering  instead of having the bank down foot switch if i could assign snapshot 5 there instead 

again thank you for the help  much appreciated 

1 hour ago, Hatman777 said:

I did set it to 10 Stomp, but did  not  see  turn off the Preset/Bank option ?  i do have  preset mode set up to 8 snap shots  but it puts  snap shot 5 on the top row and was wondering  instead of having the bank down foot switch if i could assign snapshot 5 there instead 

To clarify,

From the Manual:

Preset Mode Switches

By default, Preset footswitch mode displays eight presets (four on each row).

Choose from “8 Presets,”

“Preset/Stomp” (one bank of presets on the top row, switches from stomp mode on the bottom row),

“Stomp/Preset” (switches from stomp mode on the top row, one bank of presets on the bottom row),

“Preset/Snap” (one bank of presets on the top row, Snapshots 1-4 on the bottom row),

“Snap/Preset” (Snapshots 1-4 on the top row, one bank of presets on the bottom row),

“Snap/Stomp” (Snapshots 1-4 on the top row, switches from stomp mode on the bottom row),

“Stomp/Snap” (switches from stomp mode on the top row, Snapshots 1-4 on the bottom row),

and ”8 Snapshots” (Snapshots 1-8).

Stomp Mode Switches

When set to “10 switches,” FS1 (BANK ) and FS7 (BANK ) are re-purposed as additional Stomp switches.

This “10 switches” option only affects the Stomp footswitch mode—when you have the device in Preset, Snapshot, or Looper footswitch modes, BANK and BANK are retained.

Although having quoting chapter and verse from the Helix Manual -

This might be the droid you seek:

• Thanks 1

well in Theory yes that would work but I tried and it does not change anything  In his tutorial there is a Done button in  the command center  Switch LED  and Customize  which is not present in mine ?  when I open Command Center 
image.png.163711302350e4983cbf3bd09f4d9fa2.png

35 minutes ago, Hatman777 said:

It does work for other foot switches just not the Bank/preset foot switches ? 

Did you download the example files that Steve supplied on CustomTone, because I did,  and they worked just fine for me? 

As shown in the video, you can set a foot switch to go to any Preset location in any Bank on your unit. 

I will load up a blank Preset and check.

Edit Update:

I just tested it using the example presets that Steve S supplied on CustomTone and it works exactly as shown. It appears that the "DONE" button is obsolete, the change made in the Command centre are instantly updated on the Helix, just remember to save the File when done.

As mentioned in the video - it can be confusing - Therefore watch it again - carefully (he is in 10 preset mode),

Edited by datacommando
Added info

OK thank you I will, but it requires His patch to work ?  Seeing as i wanted to incorporate this feature  in one of my existing patches that require 5 snapshots 

And again Data thank you for your all your help, Much appreciated  

34 minutes ago, Hatman777 said:

but it requires His patch to work ? 

Nope!

Thats's simply a template to show how to put stuff together.

You can assign anything to anything providing you put your GLOBAL SETTINGS > FOOTSWITCHES > STOMP MODE > 10 FOOTSWITCHES

The BIG CLUE is 10 FOOTSWITCHES as that is the only option that removes the BANK/PRESET UP/DOWN option and frees up those 2 extra switches.

Hope this makes sense.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Hatman777 said:

YEs it is set to 10 Foot switches and only works on other 8 slots not the  BANK/PRESET UP/DOWN, which is odd 
thanks 

Here ya go - 5 Stomps along the top row of FS and 5 Snaps along the bottom.

This was just quickly thrown together with no particular setting - simply switching things on and off that I could have done using  Stomp mode alone, but it shows it can be done.

5Snap 5Preset.hlx

Stick in in yer HX Edit and modify to whatever.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Thank you very Much for your time and effort to resolve this issue,  But same thing no Override to   BANK/PRESET UP/DOWN   showing only 4 snaps and 4 Stomps ?? 

Could it be possible  because i didn't do a factory reset and loaded my Back up thats causing this  ?
Only thing i could see possible as all my settings are correct  in global setting?

2 minutes ago, Hatman777 said:

Thank you very Much for your time and effort to resolve this issue,  But same thing no Override to   BANK/PRESET UP/DOWN   showing only 4 snaps and 4 Stomps ?? 

Could it be possible  because i didn't do a factory reset and loaded my Back up thats causing this  ?
Only thing i could see possible as all my settings are correct  in global setting?

Anything else I should know?

Yes. We STRONGLY recommend performing a factory reset AFTER UPDATING to 3.10 and THEN RESTORING YOUR BACKUP. (Backing up is part of the update process). Here's how to perform a factory reset. IMPORTANT: MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A BACKUP FIRST, AS A FACTORY RESET WILL ERASE ALL YOUR WORK!

• Helix Floor/LT: While holding footswitches 9 & 10 (bottom row, 2 middle switches), turn on Helix Floor/LT
  • Haha 1

Did a full factory reset reloaded My Saved BAckup  and still  same thing,  guess ill have to find another way or something in my settings is not right 

Again Datacommando thank you  for your  time and effort  
cheers 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hatman777 said:

Did a full factory reset reloaded My Saved BAckup  and still  same thing,  guess ill have to find another way or something in my settings is not right 

Again Datacommando thank you  for your  time and effort  
cheers 

It's all in there - seek and ye shall find.

Good luck.

EDIT:

Recommended reading Helix Owner's Manual Page 56 "Command Centre"

Further EDIT:

It just struck me - Go to your Global Settings > Footswitches and ensure that the settings are: 

Stomp Select > Press

Preset Mode Switches > 8 presets

Stomp Mode Switches > 10 Switches

Then check the Example preset, which I uploaded earlier, once more.

• Upvote 1

Hello Data Commando, Yes Issue resolved ,  problem was  Footswitch 6  I needed to change it manually to stomp mode  with 3.10 Update that particular footswitch is displayed differently than the Prior 3.01

Again thank you so much for helping out very much appreciated 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/17/2021 at 10:23 AM, datacommando said:

It's all in there - seek and ye shall find.

Good luck.

EDIT:

Recommended reading Helix Owner's Manual Page 56 "Command Centre"

Further EDIT:

It just struck me - Go to your Global Settings > Footswitches and ensure that the settings are: 

Stomp Select > Press

Preset Mode Switches > 8 presets

Stomp Mode Switches > 10 Switches

Then check the Example preset, which I uploaded earlier, once more.

Datacammando,

Now I have something else to add to my tool bag.  Thanks.  I did see the video when it came out but failed to realize the full impact of that one feature.

Dennis

• Upvote 1