Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

IR slot (mis) behavior.

themetallikid

So I'm working on a preset for a song.  I have the 3Sigma guitar IR's (used only for special occasions) at the beginning.   The song is I'll Be There For You/Bon Jovi.  I have a Strat 5 position and Strat 3 Position queued up in my IR slots  (15/16 respectively).  I use the 5 position for the Intro Snapshot, and then have it switch to the 3 position on the 2nd snapshot (Verse).  

For some reason it is wanting to jump to IR slot 44 regardless of me saving the preset, reassigning, deleting/reassigning the IR slot via Snapshots back to slot 16.  

Don't critique the preset yet, as its still a work in progress as I learn the song....but here is a copy of the preset.  

I'm just afraid I'm back on the 'corrupted preset' train again that I was on for awhile.  

I'll Be There.hlx

Hi

I got a message on import about not having the IRs (to be expected). 

Path 1 IR shows slot 15

Path 2a shows slot 5

Path 2b shows slot 6

Edit - Sorry the Path 1 IR was on 44 for the Verse snap - I changed it to 16, saved whilst in that snap, went back to the Intro snap and saved again, changed patch, came back and the IR change had stuck with 16 for verse.

Changed - I'll Be There.hlx

Nothing in the preset file looks corrupted.   You've got IR slots 1, 2, 5, 6, 15, and 44 in your preset:

Path 1A Block 1 - IR Slot 15 For Snapshots Intro, Chorus, Lead; IR Slot 44 for Snapshot Verse

Path 2A Block 6 - IR Slot  1 For Snapshots Intro, Verse, Chorus; IR Slot 5 for Snapshot Lead

Path 2B Block 6 - IR Slot  2 For Snapshots Intro, Verse, Chorus; IR Slot 6 for Snapshot Lead

I'll Be There.pdf

What it is stored in slot 44?

What you're describing happened to me once and the reason (in my optinion) was that o had 2 IRS very close to each other stored in two different positions.

One was an IR with a 57 mic only, the other was a 57+121.

I think the fingerprint thing that make the helix able to follow an assigned IR if you move it to a different slot, something doesn't work properly or get confused.

1 minute ago, themetallikid said:

One is a guitar IR (Strat 3rd position) and the other was a cabinet.  I thought the same thing, but the names werent close at all.  My guitar IR was named Strat 3p and the cabinet was named BGNR 4x12 V30 57c

oh my bad. I thought strat 3rd position was referring to a variax thing.

so I guess that when happened to me, the fact that the 2 irs where related was just a coincidence.

On 8/16/2021 at 11:00 PM, themetallikid said:

So I'm working on a preset for a song.  I have the 3Sigma guitar IR's (used only for special occasions) at the beginning.   The song is I'll Be There For You/Bon Jovi.  I have a Strat 5 position and Strat 3 Position queued up in my IR slots  (15/16 respectively).  I use the 5 position for the Intro Snapshot, and then have it switch to the 3 position on the 2nd snapshot (Verse).  

For some reason it is wanting to jump to IR slot 44 regardless of me saving the preset, reassigning, deleting/reassigning the IR slot via Snapshots back to slot 16.  

Don't critique the preset yet, as its still a work in progress as I learn the song....but here is a copy of the preset.  

I'm just afraid I'm back on the 'corrupted preset' train again that I was on for awhile.  

I'll Be There.hlx 29.71 kB · 2 downloads

Have you tried removing and then restoring the IR to its slot rather than just reassigning it in the preset? I would restore it from your original source for that IR rather than the IR backup if possible. Might be worth moving it to a different IR slot as well. Anything to shake things up. Short of that, PITA though it may be,  I would consider just rebuilding that preset from scratch.