Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Stomp MIDI setup success and failure...help!

DeltaPete

Hi folks,

Here is my new setup...

HX Stomp in 3 x snapshot mode - Clean/Drive/Boost

CLEAN - everything off

DRIVE - Any combo of the Wampler Gearbox and MXR 108 Fuzz which are in the FX loop and block

BOOST - As per drive but with a delay triggered, and a 6db boost on the return path

This is all working wonderfully....! I've abandoned a Helix LT for this and MUCH prefer it - so much more control, more compact and a hybrid of digital and analogue!

I now also have the Morningstar MC8 on a very basic setup as I'm just learning to use it. If you zoom in you might see the selection of blocks I have each switch assigned to, and this is working.

Now... Let's say I'm on the CLEAN snapshot. When I trigger the block on switch A (CC#11, CC value 127), then change to either the DRIVE or BOOST snapshot via the stomp, the block carries over and is still switched on.

But... when I do the same for any of the other blocks on switches B-H, the block does NOT carry over into DRIVE/BOOST. The block in the original snapshot (CLEAN) remains on when I return to it via the HX STOMP until I turn it off again.

Now at the moment I am undecided which method I'd prefer, but I'm veering towards WANTING to carry over the block to the new snapshot as otherwise the MC8 gets a bit confusing - it shows my blocks are switched on but are not until I then do a double tap of the switch. So basically, I need to discover why I have that function on switch A, but none of the others?!

My switches are all assigned in order, so B is CC#12, C is CC#13 etc. They are all using CC Value 127. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

PXL_20210818_200259074.jpg

14 hours ago, DeltaPete said:

I need to discover why I have that function on switch A, but none of the others?!

By default an effects on/off state is controlled by snapshots, but with "Snapshot Bypass" you can set the block to ignore snapshot changes. Check the "Snapshot Bypass" setting for the effect that is being engaged with "switch A". I suspect it is the opposite as all the other effects. 

I ran into a similar issue MIDI controlling an RJM RG16 amp switcher/loop, my Mesa Recto Head, and a Mesa V Twin pedal.  I had to set the HX Stomp XL to CC toggle, momentary to get it to work correctly.

Oh, and in Command Center on the HX stomp, I had to setup all of the instant CC on's and off's, i.e. on the RJM RG16 amp switcher, I had to set CC #88 = 0 and CC #89 = momentary toggles for Mesa Recto Ch1 & CH2 off, and CC #90 = 127 momentary toggle to turn on Recto CH3 in a single snapshot just to switch only the Recto channel 3 on.