Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

New Helix owner, can't open the line6 updater

Bandr1002

So I purchased a Floor model yesterday and cannot update it.  The line6 uploader will not open on my MacBook Pro I called apple and they said I need to contact line6, I called the number but no one is available.... I just want to update this thing so I can use it at its fullest potential..... This is the error I am getting.....“Line 6 Updater.pkg” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software.

PLEASE HELP

Follow the installation instructions:

Begin by downloading and installing the HX Edit installation package. If you are using Line 6 Updater directly you are not following the instructions.

If update issues persist please come back here with further details.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bandr1002 said:

This is the error I am getting.....“Line 6 Updater.pkg” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software.

Hi,

What you have encountered is an over zealous “Gatekeeper” that is inbuilt to the Mac OS.

Read this, which will save me having to type out the same old thing one more time. 

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202491

You don't really need to use the Line 6 Utility unless you have a failed update.

Follow the advice give by "silverhead" in his post above and you should be golden.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1