Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

True bypass pod unites

deforcer333

For any pod hd users need a little help here I been thinking in a way to true by pass the unit for pure analog preamp (using real amp) distortion using the cd/ mp3 input hope is a analog signal many users complain the 4cm change the sound a lot and flatten the sound nothing new but with a splitter to use the fx loop of an amp then send it to presets so you can mix the 100 % fx as buses with the volume control on the digital mixer of the built in mixer of the pod. does this sound crazy? I just want true bypass no hate on digital just to perfectionist or something like that....

Me gusta

Comentar

I think you lost me a little. I get the purpose, I maybe wasn't following the verbage.

"but with a splitter to use the fx loop" - assumption here, but one side of the split goes to your cd input and the other where?

It doesn't sound crazy, but I tried a simpler approach with success on the HD500 Pro to use it as an effects-only chain.

Plug into your Amp.
Route from the FX Send of the Amp into the FX Return of the HD500 or HD500X and move the FX block to the first position.
Build your effects chain after the FX block and before the Mixer.

Does this work for what you're intending? I apologize if I misread anything in your message.

On 10/2/2021 at 6:46 AM, deforcer333 said:

many users complain the 4cm change the sound a lot and flatten the sound

With the POD the most transparent uncolored bypass signal is achievable by setting the patches input impedance parameter to 3.5 megaohm (but 1 megaohm would suffice, which is the same input impedance value of most guitar amps).

https://www.blackstaramps.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=487&start=20

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips