Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Weird Latency.

plugsnotdrugs

Hi, I just bought a POD HD PRO X and im using one 1/4" cable from the unbalanced right output to my Scarlett 2i2 input which i use as my interface.
I use headphones to listen and when i have the pod on without any DAWs, I can only hear the sound from the left ear and it's like a 0.5 second delay.
Even with Direct Monitoring turned on on my interface I still hear the delayed sound but it's just coming from the left ear. 

tl;dr: Sound coming from left ear only with latency. Even with Direct Monitoring turned on I hear the sound normally + latency hard panned left 

There should be a setting in your DAW that will allow you to set device latency.  I was doing something very similar and experienced the same thing.  It still had latency afterwards but it was good enough that it didn't bother me too much.

Hi, I just bought a POD HD PRO X and im using one 1/4" cable from the unbalanced right output to my Scarlett 2i2 input which i use as my interface.

I use headphones to listen and when i have the pod on without any DAWs, I can only hear the sound from the left ear and it's like a 0.5 second delay.

Even with Direct Monitoring turned on on my interface I still hear the delayed sound but it's just coming from the left ear. 

tl;dr: Sound coming from left ear only with latency. Even with Direct Monitoring turned on I hear the sound normally + latency hard panned left 

Unplug the cord from the HD PRO and plug it into your guitar - is the latency still there? Still panned hard left?

If the guitar straight in is centered with no latency: crate a new blank patch in the HD PRO, no amp, no effects. plug the guitar into the HD PRO, and plug the PRO output into the interface. The sound should be the same as plugging the guitar straight into the interface.

If not I would exchange the HD PRO for a new one.

Interesting - I haven't been using my HD much lately (prefer POD Farm) but I saw there was a firmware upgrade so I turned it up, flashed, played it and noticed there was a rather large amount of latency from my HD Pro (different model, I know). More than when I used POD Farm with my Komplete Audio 6! Wonder if the problems are related somehow? Feels like I'm picking through something thick and stodgy. Very weird.

• Upvote 1